Hammers angry at Tevez move claim

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
From the BBC News Desk

West Ham deny reports that striker Carlos Tevez is set to complete his move to Man Utd.

West Ham have dismissed claims that striker Carlos Tevez is set to complete his move to Manchester United.

Representatives for the Argentine, 23, say he will have a medical at Old Trafford on Wednesday when he returns from Sunday's Copa America final.

But West Ham are said to be bewildered by the latest statements on the future of Tevez, calling them irresponsible.

More...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I will be really happy when this whole affair is closed, hopefully with a proper deal to buy Teves, or if not, then the disappearance of Teves from the Premiership.

It isn't that I dislike Teves as a player, but that this type of player ownership is potentially in my opinion, one of the worst things which could happen in British football, were it to become more common.

What does everyone else think?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
It's Joorabchian (is that how you spell it?) and MSI that are/is the problem, they basically want to take all the profit of the transfer when it was West Ham that done all the hard work.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It isn't that bit which is of concern to me Salty, it is the ownership of the player, I firstly see it as a way of introducing "hired guns" into the league, secondly there will inevitably be conflicts of interest.

It is as far as I'm concerned the seedy underbelly of football and needs to be stamped on quickly.

PS. I don't think that Westham have come out of this smelling of roses Salty, they took a shortcut, a cheap and somewhat dubious route to obtaining a player and have not yet in my mind, paid the price for their misdeed. ;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I still don't see how you can't penalise WHU via points for what happened, it is a technicality in the rules and the players themselves still had to agree to the transfer. I do though think there is justification for a heavier fine than what they were awarded, or perhaps more damaging for them would have been a 12 month transfer ban.

But that is that now, and as for Sheffield United, they were 10 points ahead very close to the end and ultimately blew it.

Co-ownership globally should be banned, it's killing South American club football and Italian transfer are as transparent as a brick wall.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I think we are in agreement Salty, as probably are the majority of UK members, this type of player ownership has to be outlawed.

Interestingly, the main protagonist in this case (Mr Joorabchian), is today being accused of money laundering in South America, so watch this space. :)

The great shame is, that Teves, a talented and hard working player, cannot come out of this completely unscathed or unaffected.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Despite my lack of knowledge looking at this from a different stance I think WHU should have been offered either to be demoted to the championship with no fine or remain in the premiership with a fine the size of the difference in payments to the club for being in the premiership or championship. At the end of the day it was illegal and they have got away with a parking ticket for causing death by dangerous driving. This latest saga with MU just goes to shows the effect this type of continental rubbish can have and how it can affect the English game if as Rolf says it is not stamped out immediately.

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Metre Dish, Diseqc 1.2 Motorized H-H Motor, technomate 1500 CI+
My Location
UK
I think what man u are doing is not right too. They are ignoring west ham and trying to deal direct with MSI. Saying hes due for a medical etc. Which is tapping up. fegies said it himeself . I think they should get done for this

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
West ham got the player for free on a loan basis, and broke all the rules in the book regarding 3rd party ownership. Then they got away with it (good luck to them) but now they are getting greedy and want millions of pounds for a player they got for free??? This is really taking the piss I think...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
SUFC are now seeking compensation ...... I reckon they are sick of it all too.