hang on " sending TRAPCODE" and a new titanium card

hfathollahi

Reaction score
Dear M8

I tried to program a new titanium card for the first time with an INFINITY USB/PHOENIX programmer ( phoenix mode 3.58 Mhz) according to the following steps , but without success (also the software installed on XP windows) :

1- after connecting the programmer and running titaniumcardprogger 1.10 , it shows the card has OS 1.02 and mentioned ATR of the card . since it was a new card , I erased it
2- I reset the card
3-I loaded the necessary files for nagra encryption .
4- burned it .
5- during the burn process , titaniumcardprogger gave "writing failure" message
6- after that , the software mentioned :
---------------------------------------------
| ATR : No ATR !
| unsupported Titanium OS found
---------------------------------------------
and hanging on "sending TRAPCODE" .

I did different check :

-I tried several times for not hanging on the message "sending TRAPCODE" , but no success .
-Also I checked my pin to pin cable and the second port on my computer , but the result was same .then I tried on windows 98 instead of XP , again no success .
-Then I used older versions of the software and titaniumcard updater as well , still nothing .
-The problem still exists even when I make FIFO disabled .

******It always hangs on " sending TRAPCODE" *******************

I appreciate for any suggestions .

Do you know if my card is alive or dead .

behzad

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into Device management, com ports and then advanced and switch off FIFO buffering, this worked for me.

Also the card version should need to be at least 1.03, what Tianium Progger version are you running?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
My card came with OS 106 ...I erased it with Tit programmer V 1.8.1. And I was asked to downgrade to OS 103...All went well..loaded the files ..But got no joy in my receiver. I then used Tit programmer V 1.10.0...When I put the card into my porgrammer it said ...No ATR ..unsupported OS found and when I tried to erase the card it said " sending TRAPCODE" and was hanging for 20min...I just left it alone to do it's thing and after 20min it was back...OS 130 found ...I loaded a different Conax file ( hex and eep.) clicked BURN after 30sec it was done and 2min later I was watching KIOSK 9 on 1W..........BTW if your card comes with OS 106 it should be fine with most receivers..But if you have a FORCE like me you may need OS 103 on the tit card.

hfathollahi

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Go into Device management, com ports and then advanced and switch off FIFO buffering, this worked for me.

Also the card version should need to be at least 1.03, what Tianium Progger version are you running?

As I mentioned in my first post :
1-I have checked disabling FIFO , but no success
2-at first I used titaniumprogger 1.10 and then the older versions

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry hfathollahi, missed that bit. :) Unfortunately I have to scan through a lot of posts and sometimes not as thoroughly as I'd like.

hfathollahi

Reaction score
Thank you for your all support , but no success .
I put the carde in the programmer for three hours while titaniumcardprogger was running , but no result .
Also as I said before, I used titanium os updater and nothing more , because it hangs on “ Trapping titanium card ….Please wait “

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Ok I have one last thing you can try, I have read this on a few boards.

While your card is hanging on "sending TRAPCODE" .
Launch Internet Explorer

Someone at Dudez said this will cause the signal from your PC to your programmer to dip ( as your pc in now doing two things at once ) and this gives some kind of reminder to your programmer to get on with it.

The guy at Dudez said it works for him everytime.

hfathollahi

Reaction score
I'll check it soon and be back .

In WB-ELECTRONIC site , there is a useful software tool that we can see if INFINITY USB / PHOENIX in phoenix mode is ok or not . the result was O.K for my programmer . So the problem can be from the software or my titanium card . I hope my card has not been killed .

Thanks .

hfathollahi

Reaction score
Razor said:
Ok I have one last thing you can try, I have read this on a few boards.

While your card is hanging on "sending TRAPCODE" .
Launch Internet Explorer

Someone at Dudez said this will cause the signal from your PC to your programmer to dip ( as your pc in now doing two things at once ) and this gives some kind of reminder to your programmer to get on with it.

The guy at Dudez said it works for him everytime.

Unfortunately your suggestion did not work for me .I think my card has been killed .

Thank you for your help.

Behzad

info2

Reaction score
Downgrade the card with Titanium_OS_Updater_v2. Then use Titaniumprogger v1.10 and burn the card in v1.03 - do not upgrade to v1.06.

hfathollahi

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter of the software I use for writing on my card ,because all softwares hang on sending trap code .

Thanks

turny

Reaction score
Website
msn.co.uk
My Location
tyne and wear
hfathollahi,
a lot of ppl have problems because the psu for the programmer is not providing enough
current not sure about your programmer
most programmer manufacturers recommend unregulated psu as these provide max current on demand the voltage stablisation is handled by the on board regulators
the psu i use is 12v 800ma unregulated
i have seen hanging sending trapcode with elvis
then replace with new h/duty battery then bingo it works

hfathollahi

Reaction score
In my programmer , power only supplied through usb cable , so there is no chance to check another alternative .

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
This was spotted on another forum.
press Ctrl+Alt+Delete 3 times during the period when Titanium Card Progger is trying to work with card [everytime confirming "End now"]. After last time when Windows will ask to end program Titanium card begins reanimating - start the Titanium Card Progger once again and do erase. All will be OK.

hfathollahi

Reaction score
Dear rolfw
I’m on travel now , So I can check after coming back home .

Thank you for your suggestion .

G

I had all these problems with Windows XP. Luckily I have a duel boot system with XP and Win98. No problems when using Win98.

fightclub

Reaction score
try using a different computer. I tried for hours on mine, and then took the burner to my bros office. Tried it on 4 or 5 computers, got lucky on one.

dsg33

Reaction score
Hi!
I have the same problem as yours, but the program says (unsupported os)
What to do