Hard Drive Clean up!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I am running Windows XP, my PC has a 40 gig HD......As of late I have noticed space now taken of around 9 gigs when I know that my programs should only be using around 4!

Anyone here advise me whats chewing at my HD....and further more how to get back my space!

Thanx.....WR

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
waverider said:
I am running Windows XP, my PC has a 40 gig HD......As of late I have noticed space now taken of around 9 gigs when I know that my programs should only be using around 4!

Anyone here advise me whats chewing at my HD....and further more how to get back my space!

Thanx.....WR

With windows explorer go into your local settings folder and clean out the contents of the cookies,resent documents,history,temp, temp internet folders.
Download the old windows utility called Regclean and run it, empty the re-cycle bin and then de-frag the hard drive. This will take care of the usual build up of crap, then do a recount.