Internal Modem

Usb Connection

Hdd

Webcam

Card Reader

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fathom out the internal modem on the 7020.
Is it a modem in its own right or just an ethernet connector.

As it is advertised, it is a modem, so you should be able to link it via a phone cable to your outside line and dial-up to your ISP and connect to the outside world.
If this were the case you could use the Browser (PLUGIN) to access the internet if you were connected to a phoneline.

As it stands its pretty worthless isn't it?

Tiggy.
:-doh!

Monde

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S, Offeset antenna on Hotbird, PC Toshiba Satellite SA50 109, Intel Pentium 1.6 GHz, 496 MB RAM, XP Pro V. 2002
My Location
Uzbekistan
Hi there!,

I Have a dreambox 7020S Hydra 1.09 flashed with NewCamd, Camd3 etc. but without HDD nor USB stick. Do you have a link where I can find a list of Dreambox compatible HDD and USB stick? I would really appreciate!

Thanks for your work on moderating this great forum!

Monde

abukede

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 7020
My Location
pt
hi, just probably a stupid question...

his the CI-slot in the DB 7020 compatible with a wirelees-g PCMCIA notebook adapter????

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
abukede said:
hi, just probably a stupid question...

his the CI-slot in the DB 7020 compatible with a wirelees-g PCMCIA notebook adapter????

NO!

=========================================================

Hey, Tiggy - I know V little about the 7020 but I thought that the modem was some sort of crippled DSL modem?

Isn't it RJ11 as opposed to RJ45?

Tiggy

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
NO!

=========================================================

Hey, Tiggy - I know V little about the 7020 but I thought that the modem was some sort of crippled DSL modem?

Mine seems to be crippled alright. All I know is that the phone plug fits into it and the other end fits into the wall (phone) socket. The 7020 has a Modem Internet plugin that opens a page that shows a (similar to ) standard dial up window where you enter username, password and phonenumber, then when you click connect it pops up a box saying >Dialling.
Goes through the motions but doesnt connect to anything.
Cant fathom it out and was hoping some nice person would enlighten me for once.

Cheers BG but I havn't a clue about RJ??%^& numbers.

Anyone else enlighten the darkside?

Regards,
Tiggy.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The spec on the official site says it has an analogue modem

Check it here...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Blimey, I can't remember where I read about it now.

Certainly the spec seems to indicate it's just a 56K type analogue dial-up modem, but something is nagging away in my brain. Probably just rats!

RJ11 is the plug format used for dsl/analogue/phone cable connection, whereas RJ45 is the similar looking but differently proportioned plug used for Ethernet cabling, and they are not the same at all.

I suspect that you just need a modem cable instead of a standard phone cable, if that's what your using.

I'm a bit rusty on this, can anybody else remember if the dsl/analogue modem/phone cables are all different internal wiring?

Can you hear it tone-dialing on another phone handset?

Tiggy

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
Blimey, I can't remember where I read about it now.

Certainly the spec seems to indicate it's just a 56K type analogue dial-up modem, but something is nagging away in my brain. Probably just rats!

I suspect that you just need a modem cable instead of a standard phone cable, if that's what your using.

It should work by just pluging the dreambox7020S into the wall phone point and adding the dialup account details to the avialable option on the MODEM plugin.
But it doesn't.

Has anyone had success this way?

Regards,
Tiggy.