Harrow London motorised setup

kkw98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non at present
My Location
London (Harrow)
Hi,

I am looking for a motorised setup and install done, i currently only have a receiver dm800 and looking to install a 1.2m Gibertini dish.

Please quote me on installation and parts separately.

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Where do you think the dish could be sited ?

Is it your own property ?

Do you have planning permission ?

kkw98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non at present
My Location
London (Harrow)
The dish would be sited on the wall either on the side or back of the house, I own the property.

Haven't got planning permission although I believe I would be fine as neighbours are ok with it.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
OK, seen the other thread.

As long as you understand your channel requirement is unlikely to be realised full time with a 1.2m dish then the system can be installed as it is.

However for any long term reliability you will need to have more than just a DiSEqC motor. A polarmount compatible dish, VBox and linear actuator is the option (along with a short run of proper actuator cable between dish and vBox).

From the above revisions you will find something other than the (UK supply of a) 1.2m Gibertini will give you a better resale value should you need to upgrade, but I would still recommend a 1.5m to cover the eventuality of you not getting signals in most weather conditions.

Tell the wife that the larger dish came by mistake.

kkw98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non at present
My Location
London (Harrow)
Thanks for getting back although most of the stuff you mentioned i have no clue why i would need it.

Well as i want it motorised i wont be aboe put up a 1.5m correct? Plus the costing would be out of my budget.

So can anyone start quoting me on the above either here or via PM?

Let me know what i need how much you'll charge for that and separate costing for the installation...

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The dish is already outside the recommended loading of the DiSEqC style of motor, if it does work from the beginning, it won't work for long.

And as mentioned earlier you are taking a gamble of continuous coverage of the transponders you want with a 1.2m. A 1.5m dish really isn't much more either, if you know where to look.