Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse are back

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Their new show on BBC1 came in for some stick on Points of View.

I thought it was okay. I had a few laughs. I don't know why the Songs of Praise brigade are spitting feathers over the mature content Laurel and Hardy sketch...what what they expecting...

It was Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse after all. AFTER THE WATERSHED. :-rofl2

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I missed the last ten minutes of the show, but liked the Americans on the bus sketch, and the East European coffee sellers.

I hope it does get into full swing by the next episode, though bringing new characters onscreen has never been easy, especially when the previous names are now household.

Did like this weeks My Family very much, good to see Eric Sykes is still on the circuit.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
damn missed it. What is the show called and when is it shown?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
It's called Ruddy 'Ell, It's Harry and Paul, Fridays, 9.30pm. :D. I liked the Americans sketch too. So real. Ha. Harry has a great ability with his voice. Brill. I also liked the fat kids sketch, with the terrible twins going into every fast food outlet on the high street. Very funny. :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I saw yesterday the first episode, some nice stuff there. I really liked the Moanreeno and Abramowsky sketches, the Bono and Edge one was nice and Laurel and Hardy, what can I say...those two were always together in bed, so this is what they never showed us in the 40ies. I look forward to next week, those two are surely going to create some characters that are going to stay with us for a long time.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Aye, it wasn't as bad as some people are making out. It did have a few duff sketches, yes.

I also thought Harry as the thick South African was very good. Whoever did the make-up was brilliant. Some make-up looks like make-up, but this really looked like another person. Excellent. :D

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Roman Abramovich.. "Nice child... i´ll buy it..."

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I think I spoke too soon. It was rubbish last night (April 20th). :-comp

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Lord, what a load of rubbish this series has been. I could only watch two programmes, the rest I dipped into. Total tripe. And doesn't Harry Enfield look far older than his 46 years...

Without ageing make-up.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
what a load of rubbish

Seconded- laughed twice in last nights show. It was the first and last I'll be watching. Some good ideas but they just didn't seem to work....

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
They must have put all their best ideas in the first show, hence why I found it acceptable. I couldn't believe how they dragged up the same sketches time and time again. Dreadful. Harry should retire for good. I don't expect he'll need any more money for the rest of his life.