Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s

R

Rolf

Hallo Everybody,

I am new in this business and would like to know whether it is possible to watch encoded program. What do I need? Where do I get it? How will it be installed? What is the price?

Your information will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Rolf

C

Crossman

Hi Rolf,

It is only possible to watch encrypted services if you have the correct cam (conditional access module) and viewing card for the channel that you want. For example: if you want to watch satisfaction tv (mature content) you will need a seca or irdeto cam and the corresponding viewing card. Cams are the same shape and size as pcmcia cards (pc cards) genrally used in laptops although sometimes found in desktop pcs. Tell me, do you use the satelite to use the internet? If so, please tell me how you do it because I am interested in getting one too! Are the download times actually as fast as hauppauge say they are?

Thanx,

Rob

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi there,

Another Rolf here, the Sat/internet cards are pretty dam quick on the scheduled downloads which can be set up so that you are not connected by land line. The streaming is not bad, but somewhat limited in performance and subject matter. I downloaded 120MBs of startrek Demo the other night and it took around ten minutes. There is at the moment only one option as far as i can see if you buy your own card and that is www.europeonline.com, there is an alternative which operates from Eutelsat rather than 19.2 Astra, but you must buy their equipment (www.skydsl.com) and I'm not sure how flexible it is. Europeonline also have their own card which receives free to air programmes, but again I'm not sure whether there is a CI with it. I use the Pentamedia CI which performs quite well.

RolfW