Have Humax5300:Need Multivision channels

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
I have Humax 5300. Can I watch Multivision channels with that? I have never upgraded my software on this STB. Need EXACT steps plz. Thanx

smnsam

Reaction score
My Location
Dhahran
No U have to have Humax 5400

kaboom

Reaction score
Offcourse you can, you will need a GW with Via*****- K*y*.
if you were talking about EmU sorrey no-way. NOT YET

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
kaboom said:
Offcourse you can, you will need a GW with Via*****- K*y*.
if you were talking about EmU sorrey no-way. NOT YET
Thanx for replying. Whats GW and whats EmU plz ? :-ohmy

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
You don't need 5400!!! Humax 5300 is well equipped for tps reception and you will never experience any freezing like with CAMs. All you need is a FUN card 2 or better, card programmer and software which I can send to you by e-mail. You also need to know what software version is your 5300 running in case you need to change it. That you will know if the message "stream error" appears after you tried to use Fun card with updated keys. For changing your Humx's soft you'll need a null modem serial cable.
:cool:

Digital2 said:
I have Humax 5300. Can I watch Multivision channels with that? I have never upgraded my software on this STB. Need EXACT steps plz. Thanx

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
GW means GoldWafer (card). You can use it like the FUN card. It will do the job, only FUN you can find more use for. For example updating Matrix CAM. EMU is often used in connection with Humax 5400, CAMs and other patchable receivers. Raughly it means emulation because these devices do not have specific hardware for all encryption system but their hardware programmed with the right software allows them to emulate (act like) they do. Humax 5300 is patchable too. The problem is that it is missing one very important chip that 5400 does have. I believe it would be possible to make an EMU soft for at least 2 or 3 systems on 5300 but there are so many other devices like 5400, Dreambox and shed loads ;) of CAMs that the people who could do it simply can't be bothered. Humax 5300 is therefore dead unless you use it with a CAM.

jeyaraj

Reaction score
Mr. Rizla
I am a new member in this forum and I found lot of useful information avaialable reg. sats. I am having Humax 5400 receiver with fun card (?) and I used to receive Multivisn channels whenever the software is updated by some special people for which I have to pay everytime. Hence could u pls explain how to program 5400 and necessary cable connection and site address where the necessary software available.

whenever I read the msgs in the forum it looks like a chineese lanaguage. Plzzz let me know where I can get all the basic knowledge about sat. technical words so that I can understand also whenever I read your letters.

I am quiet new to this field and also will be useful for other beginners also

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

jey

kame_pash

Reaction score
hello.. i m quite new in here and also with these sattelite things, what i was looking to know is my friend has humax 5300 so he asked me that can he see encrypted channels by putting keys into reciever in his humax 5300 cuz he is little cunfused with an option which is, when he tries to put vedio pid so a keyboard appears which seems most likely the one keyboard by which we put keys for encrypted channels which has alphabets A to F n nemeric keys. so my question is that can we see encrypted channels by puting key cods in humax 5300 and if no then whats that key board which appears in vedio pid option?

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
Hi, there!

Here is all the info and software you'll need to programm Humax 5300, 5400 etc.
:cool:

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
And here is the rest. You can use these files with your FUN card. Remember that watching TV channels without a proper subscription is illegal. Therefore these files DO NOT contain any keys.

Asif

Reaction score
Can some one send me the procedure how to patch HUMAX 5300 and make it work for :cool: channels like ZEE

Asif

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you explain me in detail how to configure 5300 hum with thsi tools