My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Hi guys it is me again, now I haven't adjusted my motor in any way since I put it up, did I mention it only took me 30 mins LOL, anyway I have reinstalled the Satellite settings on my receiver, I can now receive

Hispasat - 30w
Telstar 12 - 15w
Atlantic bird 1 - 12.5w
Thor - 1 w
Sirius - 5e
Eutelsat W3 - 7e
Eutelsat W1 - 10e
Hotbird - 13e
Eutelsat W2 - 16e
Astra 1 - 19e
Astra 2 - 28.2e

I just wanted to ask, If I can get all these Sats, is it possible I have installed my motor properly?

I have noticed that my ITV3 on Astra 2 won't work anymore, nor will MTV central on Astra 1, is it possible my lnb isn't strong enough? I was delighted to get BBC prime on FTA, now it won't work. Does anyone have any ideas. I managed to watch MTV1 and VH1 today on hotbird, but they don't work now as they are not FTA. Very wierd.

BTW it's nice to have more music channels to watch Bon Jovi on. ;) :-Jumbo

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi T-E-E-N-A
Well Done
Well a 58.2 deg arc isn't bad considering you haven't set up the motor yet. I suspect that you are only very slightly off the arc although why you can get 28.2 but not ITV 3 defeats me. It may be just a minor tweek in elevation up or down that it required.
If it is the same lnb as when you received them before then the answer is no. LNB's do not have strength, they have a signal to noise ratio expressed in dB's the lower the figure the better the unit. These days a good lnb will be rated 0.3bB but basically if you could receive the stations before with same LNB then it is a mechanical problem rather than equipment

Yes Prime has channels clearing then not on Hotbird at the mo do not know what is going on really but I fail to see why Prime is not FTA as it is mainly repeats
Keep up the good work have you got rectangular eyes yet

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
it's nice to have more music channels to watch Bon Jovi on.

Hm.........

I'm sure JBV will be pleased you've put in this amount of effort just for him. O-Ha

Glad you got it sorted.
Brilliant effort.:)

L

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Astra 2 D on 28 East is weaker than the rest of the satellites on this position , so as topper says, you might be slightly off centre

Try Turksat42 East and some of the Western beams off 43 West to prove its all on line. But in the meantime, you deserve the Blue Peter Badge

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Channel Hopper said:
, you deserve the Blue Peter Badge

Yes T-E-E-N-A it gives me great pleasure to present you with

:) :D ;)

Get Down Shep

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Great T-E-E-N-A this is great encouragement i am awaiting delivery of my moteck as i write i am tracking it with tnt. I hope my installation goes as smooth as yours, what was the most difficult part (apart from the waiting for the motor) to do.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thanx for your replies, especially the badge, much appreciated.

I didn't find any of it difficult Dbolton, it literally took me 30 mins from taking it out of the box to lining it up to Thor. My fingers were frostbitten trying to do up nuts and bolts on my own and having to hold a dish at the same time, but it was worth it. Plus I have not noticed another motor within a 15 mile radius LOL.

The only thing that was a bit tricky was setting up the Sats in the receiver. I have a GBsat 2CI 0 receiver, which only holds 32 sats, but they were different settings than on the list, eg on my rec it says Atlantic bird 3 (5w) is actually called Ku-Telecom 2B at (355e), but I found this website which helped me http://www.satcodx9.com/eng/, then I was able to input the W satellites.

As far as ITV3 goes, I have tweeked and pulled and twisted and turned and it still won't appear.

Dbolton, I used a Sat meter to find Thor, which was extremely easy to find, I suppose if someone was watching the receiver meter and told me when I got signal, that would've worked, but I worked alone in my quest for more channels. Plus it was thanx to you guys with all your good advice and websites especially this one http://www.satlex.de/en/azel_calc-first_1.html. Good luck. Off now to do more scanning and yes my eyes are starting to smart. ({})

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I've managed to pull in 42e(6 channels) 39e (11 not fta channels) 45w (1 channel) 43w (6 not fta channels). Does this look normal, or am I missing some, keeping in mind I'm in N.Ire with an 80cm dish, saying that I'll probably never watch them.

Hell of a lot of annoyance, you have to rename the Satellites and input new transponders as these are out of date.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you are getting 42E to 45W you are doing very well indeed. The limiting factor now will be the 80cm dish as it will be struggling with some of the weaker beams. And you will have to do it all over again when you decide to upgrade the dish to something bigger.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Analoguesat said:
If you are getting 42E to 45W you are doing very well indeed. The limiting factor now will be the 80cm dish as it will be struggling with some of the weaker beams. And you will have to do it all over again when you decide to upgrade the dish to something bigger.

The thought of doing this all over again makes me very queasy, so I'll stick with my 80cm for now. I'm pleased I've got this far, next time I'm passing my electrical shop I can't wait to tell the guy in there that I can pick up a lot more than the 3 sats he said I could get and that it wasn't as difficult as he made it out to be.

:-banned​
I must go now to get my daily fix of Jon Bon Jovi.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It will be easy next time coz you know what you are doing :D :D You shop bloke will be wanting you to be his advert for the motorised stuff... "Miss Motorised Dish 2005" :D

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Analoguesat said:
It will be easy next time coz you know what you are doing :D :D You shop bloke will be wanting you to be his advert for the motorised stuff... "Miss Motorised Dish 2005" :D

Oh here right enough, I'll have to go bikini shopping tomorrow. :-lmao