Have you noticed !!!!

M

mintycoop

Has anyone noyiced, the people who craved info on getting free tv have all gone away, because itv digital went bell up, they seem to have drifted away, hardly any posts, but if someone buys itv digital and starts broadcasting again, will they all come back, will we ever see please help the beginner again, who knows, i bet most of the people have already deleted this site from their favourites, i bet they dont even check on current events, my neighbour has already swithed to s*y, because he thought you could do the same as on itv digital, sucker!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes the large opportunist element has disappeared, having said that, quite a few liked what they saw when they got here and are now satellite hobbyists, some of them very active.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people biding their time, but they may of course be snookered if any new broadcasters use an up to date encryption method.

Rolf

TB

Reaction score
Well my excuse for absence, is I've just entered the world of work, my student days over, doh, so I'm knackered all time, no time for web anymore!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Good to see you back TB, terrible this work thing :)

Rolf

G

groundsman

I too am still around, checking in and checking it out so to speak (or should that be type) and have, unfortunately, gone back to S*Y but I do need my Buffy fix and the wife can't live without Angel and the lifestyle channels ("Why can't we do that to our livingroom/garden..." etc.).
I have read my S*y card but haven't got a clue what to do with the information.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
I used to play around with the analogue stuff years ago but never really bothered with the digital stuff. When i*v dig came along and it was so "easy" I became quite interested. Now that they are gone and I have had my "taster", my next purchase is likely to be a fully motorised Humax 5400. Now that my appetite is well and truely wetted I think I will be around for some time...

Pixey

s1mply

Reaction score
Me too .... I've had satellite since November 1988, probably one of the first "ordinary persons" in the UK. I paid £2000 for my system, an enormous sum of money then. My decoder box was £350 and extra circuit boards were around £100, I live very close to where the hackers worked from, and used to go their workshop (very interesting) these were the days of "wobbly" encryption or I think it was called sine wave, FilmNet was the big draw, then Red Hot Dutch, followed later by TV1000 (although I think that was the early days of Mac), the place was called Hi Tech, situated in Camberley Surrey. Happy times only two satellites up there for reception Eutelsat at; I think 16 East and Intelsat at 27 West. East was FilmNet and West was Premier, chug, chug, chug, between the satellites to see what was on, Oh yes... don't forget Super Channel, and later Sky Channel, broadcast by two women from an office in London!!!!! How times change?

P

poppy

yep this is where it all started, I paid £300 for my dmac decoder box years ago, the guy I got my cards off, was a perfect old gent, blazer white shirt and tie, well smart. he would come up to my house and shake the living daylights out of my box then would tell me it was my scart leads at fault, this happened a couple of times,, when he went away I found all the pins out of scart lead on the carpet behind tv,this happened a couple of times, he blamed everything but his dodgy cards.if only I knew then what I know now,ah the good old days lol I've come a long way since then, thanks to you guys on this forum , and of course my lovely wife, who found the pins on the carpet