havent a clue!

crosby lamar

Reaction score
:confused

Bought a satellite dish/ reciever a year ago from that well known electronics giant LIDL :rolleyes: Anyways, tried it a few times ( temporarily ) and everything was fine. Just got round to putting it up properly, and although the system is on target with the satellite, I have no pictures at all ( previously there were a shed load of channels.. mostly German ). I have checked all connections and tried different setting such as polarity etc., but to no avail. Funny thing is, when I tried it out before, I was able to get a signal on about 3 different satellites, but now just one, sadly with no reception. has technology passed by my hi- tech equipment by????? HELP!!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
crosby lamar said:
:confused

Bought a satellite dish/ reciever a year ago from that well known electronics giant LIDL :rolleyes: Anyways, tried it a few times ( temporarily ) and everything was fine. Just got round to putting it up properly, and although the system is on target with the satellite, I have no pictures at all ( previously there were a shed load of channels.. mostly German ). I have checked all connections and tried different setting such as polarity etc., but to no avail. Funny thing is, when I tried it out before, I was able to get a signal on about 3 different satellites, but now just one, sadly with no reception. has technology passed by my hi- tech equipment by????? HELP!!

hi crosby
Assuming you have a motorised dish and have set it up correctly, which satellite are you trying to receive? You say you are getting a signal. Do you mean the signal indication on your receiver shows something?

Llew

crosby lamar

Reaction score
Llew said:
hi crosby
Assuming you have a motorised dish and have set it up correctly, which satellite are you trying to receive? You say you are getting a signal. Do you mean the signal indication on your receiver shows something?

Llew
Hi Llew,
Ok the dish is not motorised, but I can manually move it around. The sat - finder is showing a strong signal at around 20 degrees East, which I think is Eutelsat/ Hotbird. Strange thing is, when I last tried using the system, I was geting signals from about 3 different satellites ( I assume) these were of differing locations and quality, the best being what I assume is Eutel/hotbird, now I only get the one signal and it appears to be a strong one. Do you know if there have been any fundamental changes to satellite output/ recieving equipment in say the last 6 months? I m wondering if my reciever may be out of date. Its a disQ thinggy with a lot of settings that you can make via the remote, such as polarization, EIUL / EUHL / EUHH and so on, but I've fiddled with these to no avail. Anything you can think of would be much appreciated. Thanks! Crosby

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
crosby lamar said:
Hi Llew,
Ok the dish is not motorised, but I can manually move it around. The sat - finder is showing a strong signal at around 20 degrees East, which I think is Eutelsat/ Hotbird. Strange thing is, when I last tried using the system, I was geting signals from about 3 different satellites ( I assume) these were of differing locations and quality, the best being what I assume is Eutel/hotbird, now I only get the one signal and it appears to be a strong one. Do you know if there have been any fundamental changes to satellite output/ recieving equipment in say the last 6 months? I m wondering if my reciever may be out of date. Its a disQ thinggy with a lot of settings that you can make via the remote, such as polarization, EIUL / EUHL / EUHH and so on, but I've fiddled with these to no avail. Anything you can think of would be much appreciated. Thanks! Crosby
The sat. you are receiving is Astra 19.2. Don't know much about your receiver so can't advise on settings, but you need to go to the LNB menu and set it for Universal LNB.
You can't just move the dish around without adjusting the azimuth and elevation for each satellite, so stick with one satellite for now until you have sussed out the settings for your receiver. Have you got a manual? Satellites don't move positions, but a few change names and new ones appear.
Unless you have a Diseqc motor don't bother with Diseqc settings for this.
Polarisation is automatically selected when you change channels.

Llew

crosby lamar

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Llew.
I'm going to go check the manual and see if I can find any settings for the LNB. Problem with such HI Tech equipment as mine:rolleyes: is, there is precious little in the manual and the RX doesn't do much except...well... recieve! I can make changes to polarization and settings like EIHH - EIUL- EIHL and so on, plus change the frequencies of the individual channels ( which is like taking a shot in the dark as I don't know where anything is... system is supposed to be pre set though) But now that I'm on ASTRA I'll look into the freq guide and see whats showing up there. Many thanks Llew! Crosby

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Your problem may be that you have changed the settings.

Is it the Comag SL55 FTA receiver? If it is, under the menu system do a factory reset, then change the language back to english (that always helps!) then try again.

Nothing has changed in the sky and I was using this receive at the weekend and all was OK.

Remember you have a three years guarantee with Lidl ;-)