having severe problems wiv multiplex D

digital baby

Reaction score
Hi all, did an add channels last night (16 march) my box told me it had found 14 channels, ie multiplex d, but it allocated them the numbers 800 801 and so forth.
signal was totally cr*p so i did a complete STORE channels, and presto! multiplex D had vanished. then box completely crashed.
i did a complete master reset, and started again.. all software was available so if u own a nokia 9850T u can master reset without worrying about lost software. My box only found 40 channels again, arghhh still no multiplex D.
whats going on??? my aerial is fine so is the wiring, i am served by the sutton coldfield transmitter.

DB O-Ha

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be your aerial grouping DB, the original grouping for analogue on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter was group B (35-53), MUX D lies outside of this on channel 55, may be that a wideband or group E antenna is required to receive the errant multiplex.

digital baby

Reaction score
hmmm thanx rolf... dunno though i can get multiplex D perfectly between 12.45am till 9.30 am maybe a transmitter problem i wonder???

DB O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That could be propogation, the atmospheric qualities are different then. I would guess that a wideband antenna would probably cure the problem.

PS, there are certain transmitters which have blocking wedges for certain frequencies, this is to prevent interference with neighbouring transmitters, not sure if Sutton Coldfield has one though.

digital baby

Reaction score
thanx rolf for the info.... called freeview to see if they knew of any transmitter problem. they said 'no' but according to them i cannot recieve any freeview channel.
I reckon they should update there database!
although i must confess i usually check this forum every day and it seems to me its gone a bit quiet of late aint it?

DB O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the terrestrial digital section is slow at the moment, but there have been few developments of late. You probably need to look on some more technically oriented sites to see if there is some sort of selective directional broadcast on your particular transmitter. If the Freeview checker says that you cannot receive it, then it may be because of this reason.