hd box?

pandashoe

Reaction score
Humax fox sat or Bush BFSAT01HD is there much difreance between them as there one hell of a pice diferance it's not for my main tv but one in my bedroom any reviews?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No.

They now say the box needs to be returned to the factory.

Complete horlicks.

pandashoe

Reaction score
thanks for your reply so have they went back to the earler softwear? & will this afect a new box?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
pandashoe said:
thanks for your reply so have they went back to the earler softwear? & will this afect a new box?

The problem with updates sent 'over the air ' ota ...is that it requires a working box to receive it ..
If the box in question has had its tuner reconfigured or disabled by a previous -faulty or destructive - firmware ..
..or indeed ..if the stb has been rendered unusable and wont come out of standby ..
..then it cannot ever receive a new firmware upgrade or downgrade via conventional ota methods ..
This is why the owners are being told they will have to return the boxes ..in order that the receivers firmware flash can be accessed and re-programmed _directly_ by connecting to the main pcb ..
Some tv's and stbs ..were designed with this in mind ...and were equipped with a control or rs232 port to make this possible..in situe with a pc and the correct software.
Some boxes however ..did not have such a feature ...and the only point of access to re-program is a jtag header on the pcb.
rgds
VS