HD Freesat?

dave2002

Reaction score
Does anyone know if HD on FreeSat has gone live yet? It was supposed to be about now.

Also, when will there be equipment for receiving HD FreeSat? I understand that Humax are developing kit, and maybe they'll produce a satellite PVR given time. I thought that September/October this year might be possible, but things seem to have gone a bit quiet.

I've got the HD TV, but now I want to get some HD content without having to subsidise Sky.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The first Freesat HD equipment has already been released - folks are reporting getting them from Comet (& Argos will be selling them in the next couple of weeks - price is about 120 and 150 quid for the two units)

At the moment there is only one HD service on the epg (BBCHD)

dave2002

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
The first Freesat HD equipment has already been released - folks are reporting getting them from Comet (& Argos will be selling them in the next couple of weeks - price is about 120 and 150 quid for the two units)

At the moment there is only one HD service on the epg (BBCHD)

Thanks. Do you know what makes they are? I think one is Grundig.
Will people round here be reviewing them as they come out?

Also, are they just receivers at the moment? I'm expecting that there'll be some Freesat PVRs eventually - but probably not immediately.

Some people on the digitalspy site seem to be reporting activity, but no news of anyone getting anything working yet.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think its Grundig and Bush. Apparently the Grundigs are rebadged Echostars though.

Humax will be releasing kit in a few weeks time

I guarantee folk will put info up at some point :) I was thinking of getting a cheap SD one to play with and get some screenshots & technical details off it.