HDMI Cabling throught 20mm Conduit

Xiaomi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyQ & Saorsat
My Location
NI
Only just noticed there are chokes on the cable. I hope they will still fit down the conduit - I expect they will, but fingers crossed.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Get one of these

HDMI_cable.jpg

Gold-plated HDMI cable uses magnesium diboride conductors and has a carbon fibre sheath for maximum strength and water resistance up to 300 fathoms. Ideal for underwater filming. In dry weather, keep cable moist to avoid cracking.

Gold-plated HDMI cable 100m long.

Voted "cable of the year" by "What HD Screen" magazine readers.

Order HDMI0362-100m at £599.95

Qty

Ideal for High Definition TV. Most people don't realise that the "digital" data is carried by an analogue signal. As there is no error correction in HDMI you can get degradation in colour quality, which may appear as digital noise on screen.

In the worst case, the HDCP threshold decision margin can fail totally, with resultant loss of picture. This happens only with a long cable length or a poor connection but it's more common than you might expect. For a cheap cable, "long" might be only a few meters.

In contrast, our unique HDMI cable is almost totally lossless as it uses a superconductor material called magnesium diboride which exhibits zero resistance at 39 degrees. Consequently, transmitting high quality digital signals over a 100 metre length is no problem at all. In addition, it's plated with 78 carat berillium-gold to give minimum "skin-effect" resistance at high frequencies, thus minimising degradation of the square-wave leading edges and ensuring accurate threshold decision for every digital bit transmitted.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Old marble fireplace with a marble platform for TV in corner. Below which is a letterbox opening for what was a VCR. Its cabling and power was routed via 20mm conduit from above via a faceplate below into the back of the letterbox opening.

30+ years ago people did not take these things into consideration. This is not a new build.

30? 40 years ago there was SCART. If one of those doesn't go down the conduit you should sue your architect.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I think he's saying the conduit has existed for 30 years CH.