HDTV Receiver with hdmi output and T*S

fr92fab

Reaction score
Hi,

I discovered the Humax PR-HD1000 with HDMI output and I would like to know if there is a firmware available to decrypte T*S on Hotbird?

If not , do you know HDTV receiver capable to decrypt T*S?

Best Regards.

tigertimtim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1500 Technomate, 1m Gibertini dish, Smart 0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Hull
you would need to get a dragon cam , that would do it, iam interested in this reciever but seems to be conflicting advice over weather it does 4.2.2 feeds

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I read somwhere recently that DVB-S2/MPEG-4 receivers don't do 4:2:2, only 4:2:0 as with the 8PSK and extra video compression, everything's now just too tight bandwidth-wise and error correction-wise to accomodate the extra data.

I might be talking out of my rear, but I'm sure the theory went along those lines. I'm happy to stand corrected.

STICK

Tony B

Reaction score
I have this receiver and a motorised dish. I understand that it does not do 4.2.2 but am happy to try it, if anyone can identify a satellite/transponder for me to try.

Tony B

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
It may be true that only 4:2:0 is actually being used, but I'd have thought 4:2:2 would be included on the receivers, it would be silly not to!

Don't think it matters too much, as you wouldn't "really" notice the difference, resolution being mainly in the luminance Y component. That said, I'm not personally in a position to do a visual comparison!

(After MPEG4 compression. any supposed difference may actually be irrelevant!).