He suddenly gets the "bad credit" tag at 74

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
A friend of mine is 74 but you wouldn't think it. More like 56 or something, he's so young acting.

He's usually a mild-mannered man but he was up in arms today when he discovered he has bad credit because he missed a payment on his gas bill last October when he was in hospital for a short spell.

This is a man who has had three mortgages out and paid all the money back. On THREE occasions. A man who has a very very good credit record right up until he was 74.

He was spitting feathers. I don't blame him. It's wrong to give a man bad credit because he missed one gas bill. What about the 74 years of good credit? Does that count for nothing?

Now he can't get a mobile on contract. What a country! :mad:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It seems crazy doesn't it. It must be this point scoring thing which has knocked him back.

Did he get access to his credit record?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Yeah, Jimbo. He got access to it and it's just that one thing. But apparently, when this information is sent to companies like Virgin Mobile to check for bad credit, it just says bad credit. It does not just that he had 74 years good credit.

I have bad credit but the companies that know me, trust me. I got bad credit when I was sent goods without asking for them. When I refused to pay for them and tried to send them back, I was given bad credit.

Up until then, I had a good 30 years GOOD credit. Like I say, people who know me, companies who know me, know that bad credit rating is trash.

But it doesn't stop me or my friend of having them.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Looks like the rating organisation (whoever they are) are a law unto themselves. Just like wheel clampers.

The Government don't like ppl having too much credit as it reflects on the economy so they are unlikely to regulate these organisations.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Bad credit doesn't just affect credit cards and mortgages, it affects other things like being able to rent a flat, or stay in a hotel. It really is a life-destroying thing, and you can get bad credit just by some nasty person referring your name. It ain't right. :(