SAT.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 97

mkdons73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-3300 2CA, 85CM Dish, Monoblock 0.2dB LNB
My Location
Milton Keynes
Anyone please :confused , i'm getting to the stage of letting the bin men take the lot :eek:

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Is this problem just for Hotbird, or can you not get any other satellites either?

Obviously the dish has to be precisely aligned to the satellite, using the azimuth and elevation figures you have posted as a starting point. These are the only two figures you have to worry about too much. The azimuth is shown on the picture, i.e point your dish following the line. The elevation should be set on the back of the dish. Adjustments can then follow to find a signal. The Skew can be set to start off with by just twisting the LNB a touch clockwise (2 mins past the hour) (looking at dish face). But the skew is not critical as long as it is roughly right it'll do.

What procedure have you been following to get the dish aligned properly?

Do you have access to a Sky dish that is already set up to check your equipment on?

Also have you selected th ecorrect part of the monoblock? and chosen the appropriate Diseqc setting in the receiver. You can check which one is active by placing your hand over it, as it will block any signals.

Robbo:)

mkdons73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes
Hi
Thanks for the reply

No Sats whats so ever not even Astra

Ok mounted dish on a tripod like stand on the patio at the back of the garden. All level.

On the device that attaches the dish to pole there are a few numbers going from 0 to 90 i take it this is the elevation and needs to be @ 29 i think thats correct.

Its the azimuth that is confusing me .

I have a sky dish and have tested the LNB on the sky and it works fine

In the reciever settings are :

SAT Hotbird 13e
Transponder 10719/v/27500/3/4
LNB Frequency Uneversal
LNB Power 13/18v
Diseqc 1.0 Burst A have also tried LNB1
Diseqc 1.1 OFF

Hope this helps

Regards
MArk

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
For simplicity, it may be worth getting a single LNB and setup using that. Once the dish is on hotbird you can replace the single with the monoblock.

Monoblocks, I think usually default to the Hotbird side, i.e Diseqc1.0 pos 1, but I belive that some may default to the Astra side.

When looking at the monoblock from the front the Hotbird one is on the left as shown in the photo below.

Could you post a photograph of how you have the LNB and dish setup.

Attachments

• monoblock.jpg
    monoblock.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 106

mkdons73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes
Ok things have just got a little weird, i have just bolted my monobloc to my sky dish connected the cable and i'm not getting any signal , well i'm getting a signal that seems to go up and down along with the quality , LNB faulty? looking at your picture of the monobloc , if you was too look @ my dish the right LNB is bolted in the harness this is correct i guess.

I'll post a pick of it in the sky dish in a bit.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You can have either side in the clamp, it depends which sat you want at the dish focus. For Hotbird at the focus, yes you would want the RHS one. It also depends on which side of the monoblock is position 1 on the Diseqc.

There are two possible reasons why a monoblock would not work on a minidish, you have either not put it on in exactly the right position (it has to match the original LNB position) or you have used the side that the monoblock hasn't defaulted to. If it doesn't work on one side, try the other, if it worked, you would then know which side it defaults to (Diseqc position 1).

mkdons73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes
Thank you.
I'll try that tomorrow morning first thing . Beer time now
Thanks

mkdons73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes
Up and running now , must say it was an experiance and everyones help was needed and used well.

Mounted on the front wall in the end , just above my sky dish, although it seems very strange with regards to the sats i pickup more than i expected.

Was having problems with the allignment , in the end , now you may laugh i hit the dish with my rachet in rage , stepped off the ladder to grab a smoke , Hotbird signal was up @ 85% alonge with strenght , dont think i have moved so fast runnng up the ladder and tightening the bolts , the thing is i was pointing the dish in the completely wrong direction :-doh2

But all is good now thanks all

Just one last qiestion , on my sky dish i can pickup 19.2e 85% but on the dish with hotbird and Astra i cant pickup 28.2e. baffles me . Or am i just a little out on allignment ?

Cheers
Mark

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
With a monoblock, if you are picking up Hotbird(13E), the other part the monoblock will pick up Astra1 (19E). It can't pick up Astra2(28E), unless you move the dish, then it won't be able to pick Hotbird. The monoblock is designed for satellites 6 degrees apart, and can't pick them both up idf tey are (28-13) 15 degrees apart.
:)