HEEELP, how to tune to french channels on Satellite

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi all,

Please advise (Hardware: Dish 88cm, Dreambox 5620s. Image: SF5620 with newcam, radgecast and camd 5.11 emulators (I admit, I don't fully understand these))

It seems that BSkyB provider is on almost all of the satellites I have scanned (I can decode them on my ch!pped c&ble box). I want to receive some free french channels (and premium) such canal+, TF1, France 5 etc

Any ideas:

1. I am surprised that without moving my dish, I get 65 - 77 % on all three satellites i.e. hotbird, astra and eurobird etc. Is this normal?
I am currently using 1 LNB and am switching the satellite configuration all the time (I will install 2 0.3db MTI blueline once the rain stops)

2. How to get french channels? from lyngsat, they are supposed to be on Astra, hotbird and telecom but cannot get them. I was wondering whether the transponders are dead, or should I move my dish properly by switching to the transponder I want to scan?

3. Any advice on what channels can be decoded with the SF5620 image with the 3 emulators newcam, radgecast and camd 5.11 emulators? I have not be successful to decode any premium channels broadcasted by the BskyB provider e.g. playboy tv, xxx tv etc (I am managing with red hot wives on cable :))

4. How to connect my dreambox to my wireless router (which also has some wired ports) to access internet and update the keys? My router ip is 192.168.2.1. Do I need to include this value in the dreambox communication settings? Do I need a patch or crossover cable to connect it to the router?

I am on the point of giving up with satellite...Any advice on what I am doing wrong? I have updated my satellites.xml file (in var/tuxbox/config and var/etc directories).

My apology for asking so many questions... I am reading the other threads and searching the net in the meanwhile...

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
1. I am surprised that without moving my dish, I get 65 - 77 % on all three satellites i.e. hotbird, astra and eurobird etc. Is this normal?
I am currently using 1 LNB and am switching the satellite configuration all the time (I will install 2 0.3db MTI blueline once the rain stops)
You can't. I suspect that you are receiving the a lot of the same channels on all 3 satellites. This is because you are only on 1 of the satellites. The only way to get more than 1 satellite is to fit a motor to your dish or have multiple LNB's. The motor is the preferred way usually.

Neil

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
A lot of the satellites are using the same transponder frequencies, so if you scan Hotbird using Astrab transponder frequencies you will get a lot of hits, but it is not what you want...
A motor costs 55 Euros now (on e bay), if you make a search there for SG 2100 you'll find them brand new with 2 years warranty.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Bonce chops you are right, I was on Astra 28.2 ...grrr... and my 90cm dish was not good.

Bought 2 high gain 80cm dishes from liddl (One as reserve under my bed) and have fixed 3 lnbs on that. Currently the Middle is for hotbird, SNR 80%, right (from behind the dish) for Astra 19.2, SNR 75% and left for Eutelsat W3, SNR, 75-77%. And I am receiving about 998 tv channels on hotbird (was surprised by the number) and 1000 more on Astra 19 and more french on Eutelsat w7 (The xxx are in italian :) )

I am currently using the I have a dream version 4 image with emulator and am don't know which channel to watch. I am watching Taquilla x, xx, free x tv, xdream tv :). Full X1 and Full X2 is freezing on this image.

Cheers and thanks.