• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HEEELP, how to tune to french channels on Satellite

cfphoenix

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi all,

Please advise (Hardware: Dish 88cm, Dreambox 5620s. Image: SF5620 with newcam, radgecast and camd 5.11 emulators (I admit, I don't fully understand these))

It seems that BSkyB provider is on almost all of the satellites I have scanned (I can decode them on my ch!pped c&ble box). I want to receive some free french channels (and premium) such canal+, TF1, France 5 etc

Any ideas:

1. I am surprised that without moving my dish, I get 65 - 77 % on all three satellites i.e. hotbird, astra and eurobird etc. Is this normal?
I am currently using 1 LNB and am switching the satellite configuration all the time (I will install 2 0.3db MTI blueline once the rain stops)

2. How to get french channels? from lyngsat, they are supposed to be on Astra, hotbird and telecom but cannot get them. I was wondering whether the transponders are dead, or should I move my dish properly by switching to the transponder I want to scan?

3. Any advice on what channels can be decoded with the SF5620 image with the 3 emulators newcam, radgecast and camd 5.11 emulators? I have not be successful to decode any premium channels broadcasted by the BskyB provider e.g. playboy tv, xxx tv etc (I am managing with red hot wives on cable :))

4. How to connect my dreambox to my wireless router (which also has some wired ports) to access internet and update the keys? My router ip is 192.168.2.1. Do I need to include this value in the dreambox communication settings? Do I need a patch or crossover cable to connect it to the router?

I am on the point of giving up with satellite...Any advice on what I am doing wrong? I have updated my satellites.xml file (in var/tuxbox/config and var/etc directories).

My apology for asking so many questions... I am reading the other threads and searching the net in the meanwhile...

BonceChops

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
1. I am surprised that without moving my dish, I get 65 - 77 % on all three satellites i.e. hotbird, astra and eurobird etc. Is this normal?
I am currently using 1 LNB and am switching the satellite configuration all the time (I will install 2 0.3db MTI blueline once the rain stops)
You can't. I suspect that you are receiving the a lot of the same channels on all 3 satellites. This is because you are only on 1 of the satellites. The only way to get more than 1 satellite is to fit a motor to your dish or have multiple LNB's. The motor is the preferred way usually.

Neil

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
A lot of the satellites are using the same transponder frequencies, so if you scan Hotbird using Astrab transponder frequencies you will get a lot of hits, but it is not what you want...
A motor costs 55 Euros now (on e bay), if you make a search there for SG 2100 you'll find them brand new with 2 years warranty.

cfphoenix

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Bonce chops you are right, I was on Astra 28.2 ...grrr... and my 90cm dish was not good.

Bought 2 high gain 80cm dishes from liddl (One as reserve under my bed) and have fixed 3 lnbs on that. Currently the Middle is for hotbird, SNR 80%, right (from behind the dish) for Astra 19.2, SNR 75% and left for Eutelsat W3, SNR, 75-77%. And I am receiving about 998 tv channels on hotbird (was surprised by the number) and 1000 more on Astra 19 and more french on Eutelsat w7 (The xxx are in italian :) )

I am currently using the I have a dream version 4 image with emulator and am don't know which channel to watch. I am watching Taquilla x, xx, free x tv, xdream tv :). Full X1 and Full X2 is freezing on this image.

Cheers and thanks.