height requirments

Reaction score
is there any difference between england /scotland with regard siting restrictions for a dish sorry if this is in wrong area of forum

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that the dish guidelines are similar for both England and Scotland, but there are local peculiarities regarding conservation areas.

Reaction score
the reasoon i asked was a neighbour is using chimney as mount for dish wondered if this was legal as i have some siting problems myself and doing same would get me a larger area for motor

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
In the UK if the dish is above the lower eaves then planning permission is required

Dont forget putting the dish high up increases the chance of damage both to the equipment and the mounting point. Install and service/maintenance charges are also going to be more.

Have you looked at a post in the garden ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can have a dish up to 90 cm roof mounted, but it must not be higher than the highest part of the roof (excluding the chimney).

You can chimney mount a dish up to 45cm, but it should not be higher than the highest part of the chimney.

As with all of these things, it only becomes a problem if someone reports you, or the planners notice it.

Here's a general guide http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_planning/documents/page/odpm_plan_606331.hcsp