Helllllllllllllpppppppppppp!!

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
Oh pray tell me ta very muchly is the "Password" & "Login" different using the "Gemini" image on the DM7000S running "Hydra" please cant login using "Root" & "Dreambox".??

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
Zipper said:
Oh pray tell me ta very muchly is the "Password" & "Login" different using the "Gemini" image on the DM7000S running "Hydra" please cant login using "Root" & "Dreambox".??

Passwords are the same using gemini, have you checked your connections? if they are ok then i would try and re-flash gemini. are you using multiboot or just using the onboard flash? are you putting the pass and login in the right way round?

Let us know how you get on.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Zipper said:
have you tried ID = root PW = dreambox
instead of Root and Dreambox?

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
That sounds right to me haggard, I think the user/password is case sensitive as well

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Zipper said:
Zipper, it would be nice to know if the fast track help you got was any use . . . .

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Can't be waiting to find out, so I tried mine with Root and Dreambox, and it was rejected.

I'm a silly old Hector.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Can't be waiting to find out, so I tried mine with Root and Dreambox, and it was rejected.

I'm a silly old Hector.
I knew ans already! but it is good for the young guys to feel they have achieved something themselves.

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
haggard said:
I knew ans already! but it is good for the young guys to feel they have achieved something themselves.

Ermmmmmm the only problem is i'm old perhaps that explains it eh? anyhow gave up on gemini now using hydra only prob is i cant get the new cpanel thingy to work, please tell me how to ftp it correctly to which directory ta very muchly.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Zipper said:
Ermmmmmm the only problem is i'm old perhaps that explains it eh? anyhow gave up on gemini now using hydra only prob is i cant get the new cpanel thingy to work, please tell me how to ftp it correctly to which directory ta very muchly.

Unzip it first, then FTP the resulting file to var/tmp.

You may have to create this directory.

Then do the addon manager thing.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Use the cpanel.tar.gz file for your type of box and upload them to the /var/tmp/ directory
Go the the Addon Manager and select Manual installation via the Yellow button
The new Cpanel will be installed!

Exit the Cpanel, go back in and all is available again for our users...
Update Cpanel after this via the Cpanel to see other features...

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Zipper said:
Hey zip, you talk young anyway
and if I said my age was 2 to the power n
you would only have to see me once to know my age.
I was with zeus, deserted it for gemini when the hydra team imploded but they seem to have recovered.
It wouldnt surprise me if they put out a new hydra image very soon without all the need to do the tmp thing. Altho its good to learn that way.