Help 4 Uncle in FRANCE

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Hi all, my uncle came from a trip to visit me in London and was impressed by the TV channels he saw.

As a french resident he just wants FTA channels and is ready to make 1 big investment. HE DOES NOT WANT CANEL +

I have advised him to get a digital box with 3 LNBS pointing at 19.2E, 13.0E and the skydigital at 28.5.

What will be a rough estimate in FF

QUESTION

Does anyone have any addresses to any independant satellite shops in Paris who could arrange this.?

I will be much greatful for any info.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 20-Aug-01 AT 06:33 AM (GMT)[/font][p]Going that route will cost the earth, if you locate a box over here and organise a free to view card from your UK address (assuming that you live in the UK) authorise it from there and then post or take the box over, a good excuse for a weekend away anyway.

With regard to watching the three satellites, the digibox does not lend itself to multisat viewing as it tends to lock up when returning the the Sky digital platform, but it's not impossible and for around 1,300 FF a DiseqC positioner and control can be purchased to move a single dish to the three positions.

You can then use a local man to do the installation, but beware they are still quite expensive.

Rolf

PS, If you wish any of the members of the board to assist in your search, then request in your reply and I'm sure that one or other will be able to mail you with further and better information

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Rolf - Shahid mentioned an LNB for 28.2, but not explicitly a Sky Digibox. Perhaps he simply wants the FTA stuff at 28.2 in which case any old digital receiver (with DiSEqC) will do.
Shahid - please confirm one way or another.
2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you could be right 2old, I made the assumtion that "came to London and liked the channels he saw" meant the UK terrestrial channels, but you know what happens when you assume too much :)

Rolf

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
Yes he just wants to watch the free to air stuff. WITH A CARD. So the BBC , C4 and C5 will be not on the list as they need a card. Who will want a normal FTA digibox not Skys.

Anyone looking at this post from France can you please post some good dealers in Paris who would sort my uncle out.

Thanks
Shahid

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
Sorry I mean WITHOUT a card.

PS my other post regarding 'dictionary key' has been lost.
Could you please reply here.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
it hasn't been lost. I moved it to the keys forum

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I would say that any satellite dealer/installer will be able to provide you with a suitable receiver for free to air digital channels.

Rolf