Help a confused newbe for christmas

M

MK3GT

Hi,
I've read so much about Irdeto allcam, it's just made me more confused than when I started. I'm gonna buy an Irdeto allcam V4.6 SE.
Can anyone give me some advice on:
1, What is the best all cam file to flash it with?
2, What is the best software to use?
3, Where can I download this software?
4, Do I also need a funcard with 5in1 software?
5, Where can I get this software?
6, What the heck is IrdetoII?
7, What is the chances of me blowing it up?
8, What is the difference with 4.6 and 4.7?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Kind regards,
MK3GT

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
> 1, What is the best all cam file to flash it with?
if you are thinking of using a 5-in-1 as one of your questions below indicates, then no allCAM at all will do the trick. You need FreeCAM2 firmware on it.

> 2, What is the best software to use?
> 3, Where can I download this software?
Software for what exactly? Do you mean firmware for the CAM? Or the software for flashing it? Or for programming cards? Or the files you put onto the cards? Please be more specific.

> 4, Do I also need a funcard with 5in1 software?
Depends what you want to do. For scraping the ice off your car windscreen, any card will do, for example. Decide which encryption systems you want to be able to receive, and only then will you know which cards/etc you need.

> 5, Where can I get this software?
the 5-in-1 files that you put onto a funcard can be found at loads of different sites. Phill's sat files is as good as any. http://www.kelibia.org/phill/
Or did you mean the software that you need to do the card programming?

> 6, What the heck is IrdetoII?
Could be one of two things depending on the context. The newer "Euro" CAMs for Irdeto are sometimes tagged "Irdeto-II" CAMs. And the new version of Irdeto encryption system is sometimes tagged Irdeto2.

> 7, What is the chances of me blowing it up?
Quite possible if you don't know what you're doing. You can damage any CAM, for example, by removing/inserting into the receiver without first switching the receiver off. You can also damage it by flashing it with the wrong firmware.

> 8, What is the difference with 4.6 and 4.7?
No idea. But it's academic if you indeed really wanted a FreeCAM, since both of those are mere allCAMs.

2old