Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
Dreambox 7020S-Gemini 4.10
8 lnb's
My Location
London
I've been working today on this for 4 hours without success.

I moved in to a new place a week ago which has a sky dish pre-installed so in total i have 3 dishes including my wave frontier T90 and Triax 110. My problem is that with my wave frontier i receive 28.2 with a weak signal. It doesn't matter if i move my dish or lnb the signal remains weak. I can receive 13,16,19,23.5 with no problems and full signal with the same dish. The funny thing is that the sky mini dish picks up 28.2 with 95% signal while the wave frontier struggles with 80% or less. I have tested the receiver and lnb with another dish and they work fine so its the dish that creates the problem. If i can receive some satellites with full signal why can't I do the same with 28.2? Any ideas folks?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Insufficient information, how is the dish mounted, is it a polar mount H-H or just a std mount?

Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
Topper said:
Insufficient information, how is the dish mounted, is it a polar mount H-H or just a std mount?

Standard mounted, no diseq as i have just put the lnb in the middle. I'll upload a pic soon

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Cheekykid said:
Standard mounted, no diseq as i have just put the lnb in the middle. I'll upload a pic soon

So you are using a fixed bracket and rotating it on the pole. That explains the problem. Both a polar mount and an H-H compensate for skew when moving East away from your due south satellite the lnb rotates in the clockwise direction when viewed from the front and when moving West from your due south satellite it rotates anti-clockwise. Moving to 28.2 you need to rotate your lnb clockwise when viewed from front

Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
Topper said:
So you are using a fixed bracket and rotating it on the pole. That explains the problem. Both a polar mount and an H-H compensate for skew when moving East away from your due south satellite the lnb rotates in the clockwise direction when viewed from the front and when moving West from your due south satellite it rotates anti-clockwise. Moving to 28.2 you need to rotate your lnb clockwise when viewed from front

I had set up the same dish before and i had no such problems.
I have the lnb in the middle, basically for starters i use the wave like a standard dish to receive 28.2. I have played with the lnb as much as it gets and it doesn't help the signal. The weird thing is that if i move the dish a bit i can pick up 23.5 easily.

Anyone in west london willing to give me a hand as i have resigned

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 &DM88HD & humax5400z&
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
where about in west london are you