Help and advise needed please

Pagey

Reaction score
I have a standard sky box installation which i pay the basic monthly subsrciption charge to sky. I recently knackered my viewing card and i am now considering my options.

1) Can i buy / programme a card for use with my standard sky box? If so what are the advantages? Can it unlock all channels?

2) Do i just get rid of the lot (sky box and dish) and start again. What are the advantages of this?

I want to keep all my channels i currently have and add more if possible.

Note: I am a complete newbie and if i have posted this in the wrong area i am sorry and would the administrator please move it to the correct one.

Kind regards

Pagey

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Pagey said:
I have a standard sky box installation which i pay the basic monthly subsrciption charge to sky. I recently knackered my viewing card and i am now considering my options.

1) Can i buy / programme a card for use with my standard sky box? If so what are the advantages? Can it unlock all channels?

Hi Pagey

No, to watch Sky channels you need an official, paid, Sky card.

Pagey said:
2) Do i just get rid of the lot (sky box and dish) and start again. What are the advantages of this?

I want to keep all my channels i currently have and add more if possible.

Note: I am a complete newbie and if i have posted this in the wrong area i am sorry and would the administrator please move it to the correct one.

Kind regards

Pagey

If you call Sky and say you damaged the card (taking it out to clean the box and dropped it, dog ate it, little child hid it somewhere etc) they will send you a new one for free.

If you are outside the UK they will of course send it to the UK address with which your subscription is registered.

If you got your card through a third party (like an agent that arranges them for you) you will need to contact them.