Help and guidance please!

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Greetings forum, many moons ago I had a motorised system installed 90cm Philips FIBO dish, Pace MSS 500 and D2 box, not been used for many a year, but now with Freesat and HD I would like to re- join the Satellite method, found the pace 500 (lucky i marked which wires go where) the remote will not work but as some satellites are stored when i changed channels using the rotary control on the box the dish moved(much joy) so what i would like to know what kit I need now ie to replace the MS500 and LNB so I can receive freesat and more, if you could give me any advice it would be most appreciated.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, DM800, DM7000, DM7025, Fibo 90 & 120, 140cm prime focus Triax, WaveFrontier T90 with 20 lnb.
My Location
Haarlem, Netherlands
You need a flange 120 lnb for your Fibo dish. Look for 'Inverto' or 'Invacom' on Google.

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Thanks Smile, any thoughts on a suitable receiver?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The flange LNB you can get from one of our supporting advertisers, as you can with the receiver.

There is a huge amount of choice when it comes to receivers, what do you want to do with it? You can buy a vBox to interface with your motor, but for the Fibo you will require one with the 5v out for the sensor.

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Would the 5v requirement narrow the choice of receivers? would like something which would be suitable for multi satellites, just joined the 2.5 million so have more time available now.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The 36v narrows the choice, that's why I suggest a DiSEqC satellite receiver and a vBox, then the world is your oyster.:)

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Thanks Rolf, when I remove the existing Eurostar Universal LNBF and fit the new one do I need a adaptor to fit the round 4 bolt flange? is it possible to find a receiver which will operate 36v or will i need to go with the extra v box?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, DM800, DM7000, DM7025, Fibo 90 & 120, 140cm prime focus Triax, WaveFrontier T90 with 20 lnb.
My Location
Haarlem, Netherlands
There are still (just a few) receivers with a 36V output. But it's more important to know what you will do with it. For some receivers you need to pc skills and a separate pc to be able to update the software. If you like to search for feeds (transmissions between satellite uplink and studio) you need a receiver with blindscan function. If you want to watch pay tv, be sure you have a receiver with support for the right encryption technique and the provider smartcard will work with it. See the webpages of the provider for details.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
iambruce said:
Thanks Rolf, when I remove the existing Eurostar Universal LNBF and fit the new one do I need a adaptor to fit the round 4 bolt flange? is it possible to find a receiver which will operate 36v or will i need to go with the extra v box?

Sorry, missed your question.:)

Do you have the original feedhorn for your Fibo?

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
yes i have the original feedhorn fitted with the old Eurostar LNBF.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well as long as it is a universal it shouldn't need replacing.:)

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
It's all a bit new to me Smile, Freesat plus the ability to find and access many satellites would be ideal watch mainly films (not much sport) I have a computer and also a laptop.

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Also I would like to record onto a hardrive, so I think I would need to change the LNB?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Haarlem, Netherlands
iambruce said:
Also I would like to record onto a hardrive, so I think I would need to change the LNB?

It's like rolfw wrote... "Well as long as it is a universal it shouldn't need replacing".

Maybe you can post a photo of your lnb?

I advice you to start with an inexpensive receiver with a harddrive or to stick for a while with the receivers you already have. Read a lot on forums and buy the magazine "Tele Satellite". This will give you a lot information about receivers.

For driving your Fibo motor you can use a V-Box2 or a Fibo-Box.