Help B4 I Buy !!!

rmiller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet !!
My Location
march,cambs
hi every one,

before i start with the questions, i would just like to say what a great and helpfull forum you have here.i would also like to point out that iam a complete newbie to this satellite world so any help is very grateful.

ive been looking at 2 complete systems,they are priced about the same,give are take a tenner,but there is a small difference between them,here are the 2 systems.
Technomate TM 1500 CI+ Super
80cm Solid Orbital Dish + Wall Mount
Titanium 0.2 db Single LNB
TM-2100A Digipower DiseqC 1.2 Motor
20 mt cable + Full installation Kit.
or
Technomate 1500ci+ Super 88cm Dish + wall mount Digital LNB 0.3db Technomate DISEqC 1.2 Motor 25 Meter Cable + Full Installtion kit.

would i be better going for the 1 with the bigger dish and 0.3 lnb or the smaller dish and titanium 0.2 lnb ??
also for an extra £8 they will patch the receiver,is worth the extra to get it patched? do i nead to get it patched ? will it nead patching regular ?
i wont to watch all the bbc and itv channels,discovery,prem footy(going to get an artsport card),boxing,english films,adult,etc,etc.
1 last thing,with the artsport card will i nead to get a cam as well, if so wot one?
sorry for the long winded post but when your new to this you nead to ask stupid questions !!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum rmiller

Firstly patching any receiver is risky and certainly invalidates any warranty and therefore if you cannot afford to lose the money think carefully about this aspect.

IMHO the 2nd option is better as there is no substitute for dish diameter. As different LNB companies use different parameters to evaluate their products it is difficult to draw conclusions as regards the effectiveness of a particular LNB unless you are in a fringe area with all the products available to test.

From previous posting I believe the card will work OK with the receiver and original firmware but not 100% sure with the unofficial firmware

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i have a technomate system which is great i would definately go fo the bigger dish ! as for putting unofficial patches on i have never tried instead i paid for the matrix and other cams and a phoenix programmer at least if i put a dodgy file on one of them i'm not paying out a lot of money
if you do go down the road of patching dont waste the £8 you may as well read up about it and do it your self things can change fast in this game so the experience will do you a favour
good luck in setting it up

rmiller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet !!
My Location
march,cambs
thanks for your replies.

so am i right in thinking that buying a cam or patching the receiver you get the same result,more channels then if you dont? and differant cams give you differant channels? if so, how do you no wot cams give you wot channels ?
you also talk about a programmer, would i nead 1 to keep the cam up to date so i dont loose channels at a later date ?

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
patching technomates is incredibly easy, and sometimes you have to load a new patch and you don't want to be paying eight quid everytime, however i think the tm 1500 is a better receiver and is well supported with patches, go to a l s a t and do some research

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
toppervte33h said:
Firstly patching any receiver is risky and certainly invalidates any warranty

While I'm sure that in most cases you are certainly right topper, with my Technomate receiver which the shop knew had been patched with the Darkman patch, they still replaced my receiver with a new one.

They said that the patch can in no way damage their receiver although Technomate do not official recommend it.
The shop I went to was an official Technomate shop, and it was not the same shop where I bought it from.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well that is interesting Rob and very surprising but if they do.... then it is even better for owners and the op.

rmiller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet !!
My Location
march,cambs
is the advantage of having your receiver patched or buying a cam,you get more channels?
if i was to buy say the dragon cam how many extra channels would i get ? and is there web site that list those channels so i had some idea of wot i would get ?
or if i patched the receiver with the darkman patch wot extra channels would i then get? and also is there a web site that list the channels you would get ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
@ rmillar,

You must understand that this is not an exact science, cams and patches provide different channels from day to day, and week to week.

What you want is something like Radio Times were you can see what channels are showing on such a day, and it's not like that.

Some web-sites provide a list of channels that their patch or cam says it can open, but these are usually well out of date.

Cams and patches usually show pretty much the same; remember it's a hobby and sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not.
If you want to be 100% sure, then buy the official card.:)

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
for an upto date list on the dragon cam go to ww.sastdudez.org in the dragon cam discussion section its at the top of the page

rmiller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing yet !!
My Location
march,cambs
just a quick thankyou to those who have replied to my post,its been very helpfull.
its going to be about 6wks before i atempt to install the system as my house is still being built (the way its looking at the min,more like 12wks).
so ive got lots more time to read and learn more.
should be it with the question for now,but when its time to install iam shore i`ll nead alot more help !!!

thanks again.