Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
So, i was watching tv minding my own business and suddenly i get a power outage.
My very old an*log + digital receiver + positioner had a fit, shorted and died causing the lights to go off and it was on standby. Now i'm in trouble 'cause i'm on the wrong satelite position and folks will soon have my head...

I'm asking for your help on finding a new positioner that must have these outputs:
M1 - M2 - Ground - Pulse - 5v+

The motor on my dish has 5 wires and will not move without them all connected. My dish is an 1.2m ITT Nokia PF (quoted from the sticker on the dish), just in case you need that information. In case you wonder why i don't get a ne 4 wire motor since it would be easier and "just deal wih it!", i refuse to get another motor because this one is silent, reliable and fast enough.

I been searching, on and off, for a positioner for a few months now, because i sensed this could happen but over here (Portugal/Madeira) i can't get a good positioner with those 5 outputs. The only options i have are these 2 moteck positioners:
Moteck v-box 2
Moteck v-box 3(?)

I didn't find any v-box 3 on the manufacturers site, only v-box 2 and then i was not pleased with the optional part. I searched around the forum and one of our users had a surprise when he got his v-box 2 to move his fibo. It didn't have the 5v output! WT*!

Specs:
Compatible with DiSEqC 1.0 /1.2 Receiver or Any Receiver
Compatible with any Reed Switch Actuator or H-H Mount
5V DC Output for Optical Sensor Actuator ( Optional )
3 Digit LED Display
Drive Dish up to 3M ( Optional:5M )
99 Satellite Positions
Fine-tune EAST / WEST Buttons
Optional Remote Control Available
Overload Protection ( Auto-recovery )
Anti-Noise Design (fanless, orverheating much?!)

Besides the moteck there is this Radix Delta AP that i couldn't find any information about. Found out that it is korean but not much else, their site doesn't even mention it's existence or have an instalation manual.

The Aston site doesn't say anything about the remote, but that Aston Satseeker really looks sweet. It has all the outputs and looks the part, but it's very hard to find. I asked the portuguese folks if they knew where to find one but got no answers.

Well, i really need your help on finding a good positioner with remote control capable of driving an optical switch motor, my limit would be around 80 euros.

Thanks.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There's a vbox version 3 here Prophessor -

_www.hm-sat-shop.de/motoren-positionierer/moteck-v-box-iii-with-5v-output-for.html

If you had a basic vbox and a 12V output option on your receiver, you could construct a simple 12V - 5V circuit using a voltage regulator ( a couple of euros) to feed the optical supply of your actuator.

Llew

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Technomate has all your looking for. £35 as well, not sure on the postage mind.

_http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/vbox.htm

HTH

PJ

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
No +5V optical output on those PJ02.

Llew

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
Llew said:
There's a vbox version 3 here Prophessor -

_www.hm-sat-shop.de/motoren-positionierer/moteck-v-box-iii-with-5v-output-for.html

If you had a basic vbox and a 12V output option on your receiver, you could construct a simple 12V - 5V circuit using a voltage regulator ( a couple of euros) to feed the optical supply of your actuator.

Llew

Hi Llew, thanks for the link.
That mod sounds nice, but i don't get any of that electronics stuff so i will go for an already "modded" posicioner. At the moment i'm using the SS2 and don't any other receiver so a vbox with all the gadgets in place would be the better solution for me, i could even control the dish using a diseqc plugin, hopefuly.

Been searching a bot more and found that same moteck v-box 3 im portugal and for the very same price, weird coincidence...
Do you know what's the difference between v-box2 and v-box 3, is it the 5v output? By the way, would i lose too much signal passing the lnb cable through the v-box first?

Thanks.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
The technomate Llew does have the 5v, (second one not the first on the page) as can be seen in this picture

technomatevboxback.gif

Rgds

PJ

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Apologies PJ02. Should've checked down. BTW that site should be up for the 'Most Cluttered Webpage' award :eek:

Llew

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Yeah it's a nightmare to navigate an off the shelf package would be miles better for them.

Although the prices for some things are quite high, others such as vbox and actuator are quite cheap there compared to other sites.

Rgds

PJ

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
PJ02 said:
Technomate has all your looking for. £35 as well, not sure on the postage mind.

_http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/vbox.htm

HTH

PJ

Thanks PJ02.
The price is very good but i would have to add 20£ for postage so in the end buying from the uk or portugal would be almost the same. Even if it is a tecnomate it looks exactly like a moteck so i'm getting the latter, hopefully i'll get faster mail delivery.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
After a few contacts and help from a friend i found a french online shop that sells the Aston Satseeker DS200 for 62€ plus P&P.

Specs:
* Interprète les commandes moteur (DiSEqC 1.2)
* Interprète la commande de polariseur (DiSEqC 1.0)
* Retour dinformation de déplacement correct ou inco
* Filtre actif 22kHz intégré
* Entrée capteur optique, Hall, REED
* Entrée LNB
* Sortie récepteur
* Sorties polariseur magnétique (+ 5 V, GND, Pulse)

I think this positioner would be better than the v-box even if it doesn't have a remote control.
Could this be controlled by a Skystar 2? Anyone has this positioner at home, what's it like?

positionerastonsatseekelg1.gif

bds200bdx3.jpg