Help connecting 2 sat boxes

scart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fujitsu siemans
My Location
merseyside
Hi I have a lyngbox and a humax freesat box.they are connected to a 4 way disec switch which then goes to a smart priority switch then one cable to lyngbox and the other to humax.Both work fine but only when 1 is powered up and the other is instand by, I understood that both would work at the same time as long as they were on the same satellite in either v or h frequency Any advice please

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No, you can only have one receiver working and one in standby with the priority switch. That's why it's called just that.

Llew

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If, instead, you Loop Through from one box to the other, it would work as you thought: ie The Box that has it's LNB power activated will control Band Switching and Polarity and the other Box would get Channels of the same Polarity and Band as the first.

The possible problem with this is that the Humax (If it is a Foxsat non-PVR) has no loop through, so you'd need to connect te dish to your Lyngbox and then loop out to the Foxy - and that assumes the Lyngbox has IF Out/Loop Out. Does it?

Edit: I've no knowledge of the Lyngbox, so have just run a cursory eye over some Googled specs - It appears it may not have IF Out/Loop Out so you are stuck with what you've got!

scart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fujitsu siemans
My Location
merseyside
Thanks for the replys guys, you are right tivu the lyngbox has no loopthru and the humax freesat pvr does have lnb out but for some reason it only outputs when it is powered on.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
scart said:
Thanks for the replys guys, you are right tivu the lyngbox has no loopthru and the humax freesat pvr does have lnb out but for some reason it only outputs when it is powered on.

Ok - I had a vague idea the PVR version of the Foxsat had a Loop Through of sorts, but my own Foxsat is non-PVR and doesn't.

Ah well. We make the best of what we have! :)