HELP!!! DM500s + CCcam 2.0.4 + Internal Card Slot...use with Original AS**O Card

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AS**O Nokia +DM500s+Topfield 3000CiPpro+Disec switch+65cm Offset Dish+8ft Mesh Type Dish+C/KU band LNB
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Hi All;

I'm newbie in DM500s. Just bought yesterday..with CardServer sharing to watch AS**O.

Set working fine but the problem is how to use my AS**O original card with internal cam(card reader)? Possible to use cccam2.0.4 to switch between card server and the internal card reader cam? or do i need to install additional cam software?

Any assistant will be grateful as I also need to use the original subscription card with the unit.

BTW I've know idea how to check what Skin the set is using. Other infos are listed below:

Software Version: 1.9.30.12.2007
SoftCam: 2.0.4
Software Management (april08) lolite

sapekman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ku fta receiver
My Location
91.5 beam
previously i use newcamd for using axtr0x original card in my gemini and for my cs im using mgcamd...use autocamd for switching..
but with new nds system (2 weeks to go) i dont know how the outcome as i already discontinue my axtr0x....

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you tried it with CCcam? You just put your card in the slot and CCcam should handle the rest.

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AS**O Nokia +DM500s+Topfield 3000CiPpro+Disec switch+65cm Offset Dish+8ft Mesh Type Dish+C/KU band LNB
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Try with CCcam upgraded to 2.0.8 still couldnt read the card.. getting message "No Card inserted". Already tried with Newcs, Camd3 8.98, Mgcamd, nwcamd 6.10b. Still no result.

Already try edited the Lower card port to 34000 with no successfull result.

Any other idea? DM500s should be able to read NDS crypt from As**o card - correct me if i'm wrong.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't sound like it is the type of card which is causing your problem, as the box is saying it cannot find one. Have you tried the card chip down in the slot?

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Yup..tried face up and down. Anyhow the card is working fine with original AS**O box.

Flash my DM500 firmware to gemini 4.3.1+cccam 2.0.5+newcs still nothing. Possibly smartcard reader faulty?? what is the correct device id for the smartcard reader..is it "/dev/sci0" can somebody confirm?

TQ

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Currently Seca2 AST** ..anytime will change to NDS with New Gold Card as AST** in process upgrading their system.

Will try to install the plug-in. Currently in the office..working.

Thx

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Still nothing with the plugin given...under entitlements received this:

card reader /dev/sci0
no or unknown card inserted

My conclusion here:

*Reader problem
8Seca2 card can't be read by the reader (cannot be as seca2 being tested before by forum members but currently I only have the seca2 card)
*CCCAM Config error-as i'm new to this

I'm in the middle requesting replacement unit from seller as chances for Smarcard reader problem quite high here.

TQ

sapekman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ku fta receiver
My Location
91.5 beam
yeah i guess its card reader problem...ask for a replacement...where did you get it from?...

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
with ccam 2.08 i can read nearly all cards also the channel 5 card!
in dreambox 500

is there a posiblity,to connect season interface over comport,and watching the same channels,on a ci modul,in slot of other reveiver?that i can watch with orginal card in my dreambox 500?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
While googling astro I found a post elsewhere that suggested it may not be able to read an astro card any more; I also this cccam.cfg that appears to show astro works:

Code:
###############################################
## CAMKEY required ##
CAMKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
CAMKEY: /dev/sci1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
#### Please do not change this Config ####
#### It is preset to read Iredto 2V5 & NDS ####
#### Works with ... Astro.. ####
#### .... ####
#### ...####
SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
INFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
HTML INFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
# WEBINFO USERNAME :
# WEBINFO PASSWORD :
# TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/sci0
ZAP OSD TIME :2
OSD USERNAME :root
OSD PASSWORD :dreambox
SHOW TIMING : no
DEBUG : yes
NEWCAMD CONF :no
DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : no
SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/Autoroll.Key
STATIC CW FILE : /var/scce/constantcw
CAID IGNORE FILE : /var/keys/CCcam.ignore
LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt

I have no idea what a camkey is and whether you need to insert a real on (same as a boxID?).

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
hm,i think the malaysian astria,is now using a newer card revison then sky italy and uk,maybe thats the reason,why yo cant read your card at the moment..

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Solved...

Confirmed problem from Card Reader.. after changing it with new unit.. All work like a charm..

Using Gemini 4.3.1+CCcam 2.0.8+NewCS able to handle AS**O card (internal SmartCard Reader) and switch to server if necessary.

With new NDS system, when unit try to verify with server unit (for PAID server services) picture will be frozen as according to supplier, the new AS**O NDS card require validation <5sec compared to SECA2 <10sec which causing delay verification from server which causing freeze to client unit.

Many Thanks.
from KL M'sia

p/s: unit bought from: search for Dreambox at w*w.lelong.com.my

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 &amp; Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hi!
dont,be panic,about the fact,that you curencly canot read ,your astro card on the dreambox,the owner,of mascom germany,that makes the alphacrypt,is now planing,to make,his own nds algorithm in the alpahcrypt ci module,in the near feature ,same like on nagra 2!
now,german cable operator kabel BW,is switching also to nds,and he lost of customors aproixemently 130000 german computer magazine ct,told in his last issue,2 weeks ago!

so iam sure alphacrypt ci soon compatible,to the latest nds cards revision!

sapekman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ku fta receiver
My Location
91.5 beam
Satcure645, is your cs now already on nds?

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
According to CS provider...yup-it's running on NDS card, -how to check if it's true?

My internal reader still using older card red/blue card - still waiting for the gold card to arrive.

Sapek..have you try tune to M3-Ass** Nusantra with ass** ori dish? how is it if...

TQ

sapekman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ku fta receiver
My Location
91.5 beam
the n symbol must be green, not the s symbol...
No, with m3 axtrx nus i could not rcvd it. most probably due to strong beam frm axtrx mal..even with correct tp i only rcvd axtrx mal!...
but end of dm for me rite now....mine being attacked by clone timebomb.)(-red
and i hv 2 of them....1 yesterday nite and the other 1 last nite. my advise stay with your image...(Pli?)

satcure645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malay91.5ele77az268
Previously I notice only S turn Green, ND only Yellow.

Mine to (DM500)...just gone with the wind this morning while watching AXN suddenly the )(-red Message appear..then U know what happen - Mine Gemini 4.3.1 (The TiMe BoMb - just thinking about flashing to PLI last nite) - no idea it was a clone unit until it happen...

...after searching all of the forum, conclusion only JTAG, CAS 2 or CAS 3 can be use to repair the bootloader..Forget about LAN and SERIAL..it will not work. - You know anybody with this capability.. hphone service center should normally have this JTAG.

Any museum interested in our unit??? hehehehe:-rofl2

sapekman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ku fta receiver
My Location
91.5 beam
satcure645 said:
Previously I notice only S turn Green, ND only Yellow.

Mine to (DM500)...just gone with the wind this morning while watching AXN suddenly the )(-red Message appear..then U know what happen - Mine Gemini 4.3.1 (The TiMe BoMb - just thinking about flashing to PLI last nite) - no idea it was a clone unit until it happen...

...after searching all of the forum, conclusion only JTAG, CAS 2 or CAS 3 can be use to repair the bootloader..Forget about LAN and SERIAL..it will not work. - You know anybody with this capability.. hphone service center should normally have this JTAG.

Any museum interested in our unit??? hehehehe:-rofl2

pasar karat....near petaling street...:-rofl2:-rofl2

i have tried previously with 1 of my old dead dm..but to no avail ..using selfmade jtag..but will try again sooner to improve my jtag wiring skill...3 dead dreambox in a row....huh.......what a life....
btw i heard that u hv 1 old analog receiver..what brand is it...is it working? which sat did you shoot...i hv 1 oldskool samsung..analog too..may be will put on *ebay..collectors item...:-rofl2