Help finding a satellite

Hello guys
Having some problems with my cam, i have to use Restore Factory defaults and all channels have been erased.
Now i have to add all satellites, i manage to find Hispasat and Hotbird however when trying to get Astra i can't find it.
Now being a noob, can someone tell me how you guys find satellites? (i don't have any device for that- satellite finder)
Thanks

twag42

My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
is your system motorised?? some more info would be helpful then we know what it is we are working with.

TWAG

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Some systems has a status option in the main menu which displays the signal level and signal quality. Set the stb to frequency, polarity and FEC settings for a known channel with a strong signal on a particular satellite, details of which you can get from lyngsat.com and tweek your dish until you get a good signal level and quality. If your receiver has not got this function then for a very small investment you can buy a small signal meter from Ebay but twag42 is correct you are not giving us much detail

twag42 said:
is your system motorised?? some more info would be helpful then we know what it is we are working with.

TWAG
yes is motorised, the receiver is a Technomate CI 5500 Super, have no ideea about the motor and i think LNB is 0.6 and dish is 80cm, all this in sunny Glasgow :).