help for 5500dapci

dathai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecno600/motorised 1m dish/techno motor
My Location
ireland
Hi guys just new to this forum,just need a bit of help,have been trying to load tecnomate offical software from there site but when i press download the computer tells me (different stb-model of image file from connected stb model) i bought the system second hand and i am only a novice on both sat and computers,the only thing i can make out is my reciever tells me is stb is her507b1023 c10.07 which is different from the tecno website can anyone help,looking at other threads it would be a waste of time contacting tecnomate,thanks

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
You are probably trying to download the wrong software, I have just been on the Technomate web-site and your model no 5500DAPCI is there.
There are two for your receiver, one for remote control with blue centre and one for silver centre.
Also make sure that you download the correct "loader" for your receiver. :)

dathai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
thanks for the quick reply,my model has the silver remote ,i downloaded the loader,the how to manual and the vin files and software files from the tecnomate website, but everytime i go to load i cant,i have the reciever on standbye when i do this,what can i be doing wrong,do you know of any other software other then next,as i dont feel confident enough to try that,my origanal problem was the reciever could not find 1w when i changed my dish from astra19,another reciever picked up 1w no problem so the sat guy says it must be a software problem,ias tried a factory reset but it could still not find 1w,so this is why i am trying to put the software in

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Switch receiver off at the back during download, and are you opening the download with Winzip or something similar as they are Zip files.

dathai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
i have downloaded files to computer and unziped with winrar but i need to turn reciever on to connect to link after that when i go to download from link i go to desktop pull the zip hex files i get ,different stb etc,sure is confusing

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I can only tell you about my receiver the TM1000D as I haven't tried any other Technomate, and yours may work differently.
If you have a User's Manual check it out because if it's like mine you should have a section called "How to download Software from PC".
You will also need a "Null Modem Cable" to connect your PC to your receiver.

dathai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Hi rob,finally got everything going loaded software etc, set up reciever but still cannot get 1w,will have to ring tecnomate see whats wrong.many thanks for your help

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
@ dathai, why Thor 1 west, it's not the most exciting sat on the scene.

dathai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Hi Rob,i thought the dragon cam would open up most channels, but i may have got my info wrong? What would be your preference be,i like to watch movies and football and the odd bit of mature content.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Try Hispasat 30 west, movies, football, and the odd bit of mature content. :)

dathai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Hi Rob,will try on saturday thanks