Help for a newbie

nkand2000

Reaction score
I am a total newbie and want to receive all the English football and champions’ league possible. I’m a man utd fan so I guess the matches will be widely transmitted. After looking at other posts I have gathered that FTA games are few and far between. I have also gathered that I will need the following kit

Receiver (I was looking at the Manhattan 550)

CAM

Card

Dish

Motor.

Could you guys tell me what I will need?

At the moment I have sky+ and have come accustomed to recording shows and so on. Are there receivers out there that can work as well as sky+ i.e. record one channel and watch another? This would be great.

Finally movies would be a bonus, but no mature content.

Thanks for the help as I’m finding it difficult to sift through the info.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
nkand2000 said:
I am a total newbie and want to receive all the English football and champions’ league possible. I’m a man utd fan so I guess the matches will be widely transmitted. After looking at other posts I have gathered that FTA games are few and far between. I have also gathered that I will need the following kit

Receiver (I was looking at the Manhattan 550)

CAM

Card

Dish

Motor.

Could you guys tell me what I will need?

At the moment I have sky+ and have come accustomed to recording shows and so on. Are there receivers out there that can work as well as sky+ i.e. record one channel and watch another? This would be great.

Finally movies would be a bonus, but no mature content.

Thanks for the help as I’m finding it difficult to sift through the info.

You will probally need an Art sports card and maybe dragon cam. Encryption changes due soon with sports ch showing e pl league. So there fore an art or digialb card would be needed. Didnt get a chance to look at your receiver to see what you might need. You would need a receive with a hard drive to record programmes. 90cm dish would do you & a Motec motor seems to be the cheapest around. A few people here have a motec.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Just had a look for you.Yes the 550 seems to be the one talked about. Its the only one thats PVR ready. So if you want to record its ready for you. There is also a patch for it. So it can get some encrypted ch thats available at the moment inc english premiership. If you get a card for it, The irdetto embedded cam will open the Art card.
The digialb card needs a Conax cam or dragon cam.
Hope this might help you out.