Help for My Theatre rescan

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi All,
Finally managed to get hold of a Sky2PC card , installed no problems , and currently using MT2.76 (as recommended) and the latest s2emu 1.08 (also decoding a few channels OK).
The problem is that the channels listed in MT are out of date now so it doesn't show all the current channels.
When I go the the rescan option and select ALL , the channels are found in the new scan but when I click the STOP button , it says "waiting for finish current transponder" and just sits there.
If I ctrl+alt+del it says that the "program is waiting for a response from You".
What do I do ?
Has anybody else had this problem , or may be able to give a newbie a bit of help.
Just as a quickie , do the emu's start automatically in MT or do You have to enable them?
Thanks for taking the time , hope someone can help.
Cheers,
Old Geezer

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
OK, doing this back to front, the emu's are switched on (or off) from the menu.
Right click main screen, then (I think) plugins, then MDWrapper, then S2emu, then tick 'active'. ...or something like that.

As for the rescan, it will take anything up to 15 mins to scan, and you should not press stop, only 'OK' when it's done (as long as it's making progress down the transponder list...).

Maybe the program is hanging, or a window has popped up somewhere, and it's waiting for a response from you?

Check the taskbar, or the process list (in task manager...)

Come back if you're still stuck, or have any other info.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Great advice! keep up the good work STICK

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Thanks for the help BG.
Did a rescan and found 1633 extra/changed channels.It took 470 secs and came up with "scan done" and just had a blinking cursor.
Waited until 1545 seconds , got bored and clicked "stop" (no "OK" button was shown) and it had the same error.
Checked in the taskbar and there was no other boxes active , so went to the process list.
The only file I can see in there is the MT exe program , so I ended the program.
MT shut down , but when it restarted it had the extra channels ....weird !!
I have also managed to track down a help file for MT , so I'll be having a read through that in the next day or so.
Thanks again for the help , expect some more posts now I've got it up and running.
Speak soon no doubt,
Cheers,
Old Geezer.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You may find that your channel database file is partly corrupt, and thus causing the main executable to hang.

If you keep having problems, let me know, and I'll try and find a new file for you, or...

...back-up the the main 'program files' MT directory, uninstall (and delete the main directory), re-install, and back up the default channel database, restore your backup, and overlay the default database again. Then backup again, then rescan. Then backup!

I'd strongly advise backing up the main 'program files' MT directory on a regular basis, as some of the software/plugins are flakey, and when it goes over, it can corrupt some of the files it has open for update, such as the channel file and the epg file.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Just to refresh my memory, I've just tried a transponder scan, and what should happen is that at the end of the selected transponder list, it should come up with ' *** Scan done *** ' in the left hand pane, the STOP button should dissappear, and a RESCAN button appears in it's place. Just shut the window.

Try a single transponder scan to see it that works, or a few/half at a time etc.

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi BG (or do You prefer "Stick"),
Decided that it must be an install problem , so as it's a spare PC I loaded XP again.
The previous incarnation had a FAT32 drive , so I formatted in NTFS (as W2K and XP both use this system).
Once it was set up i installed the drivers for the card , put in a new install of MT2.76 and it all works fine.
It even did a scan and the rescan button appeared...hurrah !!
Just going to put the S2emu 1.08 back in and give it a try later on.
On the subject of emu's , does MT work with the Yanksee 1.30 files OK or do I have to use ALTDVB or something?
Thanks again for the help, it's nice to know there's somewhere I can come to when I get stuck.
Speak to You soon,
Old Geezer.