Help for T-REX

maikl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28,2°E - 15°W
My Location
AUT
Hi everybody!

I am maikl and new to this forum. Recently I've started to play around a little bit with satellite reception. To date I am studying at university with IT as major field of my studies.

And fortunately I got 2 Dragon T-REX Cams recently because their owner used them to watch Premiere... I didn't knew about these modules before, but I found out about their technical capabilities and the fact, that the dragon support team does not exist anylonger.

1st question: Is there still anybody who knows about the features, how the software works, etc. I'd like to engage myself a little bit in future in researching for these modules, because it seems to be an interesting kind of art.

2nd question: Does anybody know what can cause an security update in predasaur 2.28 to failure? One of the modules fails to successfully finish the security update and I don't have a clue why, at least for the moment.

Good evening and hope to hear from anybody! Seems to be a great community here.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There is only one person that has the information you require, as all the Predator/Predasaur files are now released by kinkdink.
All we can do is modify the providers, and update the keys, using utilities like PredEdit or a Hex editor.
The Security Update feature was only for the newer T-Rex 4.6 supermodules, which was the only version of the Dragon/T-Rex cam range that could handle the Predasaur files, although all cams could use the Predator files.
Both Predator and Predasaur files open the same channels, as support for the T-Rex 4.6, and the security feature, quickly evaporated.

maikl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28,2°E - 15°W
My Location
AUT
So for question 1 you can refer to kinkdink who has the knowledge about the software. As you may imagine it is not that easy to start working with a SW from scratch having hardware in front of you, that you don't really know. Is there any chance to contact kinkdink? please send me a private notification if you know more on that.

Do you know anything about the security update problem? Both of the modules I got are 4.6 supermodules. I guess the security update problem relates to something like a security update that has been done with a crappy SW version. Do you know any work around. Heart that putting a Firecrypt 1.03 on it and trying a security update with that SW would be a workaround. Do you know anything about that?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
kinkdink will not provide any information regarding the actual file structure or coding for the cam, as then others can copy this information, and write their own files.
Have a look at duwgati.com as this site has some background information on cams and coding.