Help, fun card not working in strongsat reciever

jacklee66

Reaction score
My fun card platform does not seem to be working in my reciever, the reciever is STR 4375, it finds the irdeto cam but it does not decode. When I use the same card and cam in another reciever it workes, any clues?
I have upgraded the reciever software to the latest version.
Jacklee66:)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I take it that when you say you have updated the receiver software, you mean 'Firmware'?.....If that is the case and everything was working before, I would reload the software you were previously using

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are number of problems with the 4375, the most common is failure to recognise certain newer CAMs

Other sites mention that a hardware update is required, changing a chip inside the receiver (probably to increase the speed of data retrieval)

Not sure how much this costs, ask first before sending off the receiver.

jacklee66

Reaction score
waverider said:
I take it that when you say you have updated the receiver software, you mean 'Firmware'?.....If that is the case and everything was working before, I would reload the software you were previously using
Thank you for your reply, yes I meant firmware, but I had the same problem with the older version of the firmware, what I am sure about is that my cam and fun card worked with a citizen reciever.

jacklee66

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
There are number of problems with the 4375, the most common is failure to recognise certain newer CAMs

Other sites mention that a hardware update is required, changing a chip inside the receiver (probably to increase the speed of data retrieval)

Not sure how much this costs, ask first before sending off the receiver
Thank you , I am not sure but I think that the reciever is recognising the cam because it shows it in the CI menu. ie it shows that it has an irdeto cam in slot2, in slot one I have a conax cam with an official card, that one works and decodes the channels that I have subscirbed in, but it does not work with the fun card

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
It might be worth surfing the web to see if your receiver can use a MR Cam!