Help...Humax patch problems

ez_livin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have just updated the patch on my Humax 5400, Now it is reading invalid card on all encrypted channels (I am using a silver card with ds9 files),
I have upgraded to TOH23, The reason i did this in the first place was because my diseq motor stopped responding when i changed service (satellite) I would have to swich channel and then turn off/on the machine, However if i used the menu to change position the motor would respond without any problem.

Has anyone else heard of this? Thanks all.:confused

ez_livin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
The machine says "smart card extracted" when i turn it on. when i change to some channels,l when i extract the card and also when i insert the card????????????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know too much about this ez-livin, but try This Thread it may shed some light on your problems.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I patched my Hummie to ToH2.3 some days ago. It worked well for a time, but then the motor stopped responding. I jumped to the conclusion that the problem is in the motor (I've had problems with poor connections, dry joints and broken leads before), but I haven't been up on the roof to look because it's been too cold and windy over the past week. Your posting has prompted me to look at the software before exposing myself to the elements. Some time ago, if I remeber correctly, Planet Hemp deliberately bugged his patch to ensure that his work wasn't taken for granted. A new release solved the problem. If I find a non-mechanical solution, I'll post again.

:) :) :)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've just re-patched the Hummie with ToH2.3, updated the PMC table and put in the latest motor settings, but to no avail. My problem must be in the motor, so a trip to the garage roof is inescapable. Not this afternoon, though; it's still too cold and windy for my ageing frame.

;)

psats

Reaction score
just a thought have you re enabled the motor in menu ?? :)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Yes, I checked the installation menu and all settings are correct. I think I'm clutching at straws by looking for a software solution. It's very significant that the system went down whilst I was channel hopping. I moved from 1 deg W to 28 deg E and the system stuck at that point. I'd put money on the fault being a bad connection between the DiSeqC controller and the motor. The weather's better now, so I'll jump up on the roof this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion; it's just the sort of silly mistake I'd make.

:)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
System now up and running again. The fault was, as I suspected, a broken connection. There's no problem at all with the Hummie patch.

:)