markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
chrislloret said:
Well,there was the possibillity to view SOME ART channels a while back, but as far as I know thats over. The channels you want however, Sport, where never compromised so you will have to get a sub for ART. You can however get TPS Foot and -Star on Hotbird (french channels) if your reciever gets the patch. They will also show the british football.
An alternative would be to get back out in the woods and turn your dish to 30w Hispasat, with D+ and Cabos Sport TV you will also get most games not shown on Sky. Again, all depends on your reciever and patch.
For Football it quickly pays to get a little Diseq Motor, so you get the feeds......but of course there is always just one more thing....

Good luck
Chris

Thanks Chris, not sure if the trees allow as far as 30w though, have looked at the stuff on comag patches which seems the same as the silvercrest receiver? sort of scared of this patching thing, would hate to ruin the receiver. Does it just involve a software download from the pc or is there any internal tinkering required? (not keen on that). Are these downloads normally reliable or could it damage everything?
Thanks, Mark.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
markyd23 said:
Does it just involve a software download from the pc or is there any internal tinkering required?

Download to PC and then cable to PC - no internal tinkering required.

Are these downloads normally reliable

Depends where you source them look for feed back from other users.

or could it damage everything

Very unlikely - you may have to reset the receiver!

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
My Location
south scotland
gameboy said:
Download to PC and then cable to PC - no internal tinkering required.

Depends where you source them look for feed back from other users.

Very unlikely - you may have to reset the receiver!

Thanks again gameboy, downloaded from the links you provided for comag, just need a cable now. Will these really work to unblock stuff like the ART channels?
Good to know it's just a download with no tinkering. Guess I'm just being as cautious as an aussie batsman.........

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
markyd23 said:
stuff like the ART channels?

Don't think it will open all the ART channels but I think this image opens D+ at 30 West and others at 13 West.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
ART is gone, there is no way to open ART Sport with any emulator or card/module, except the official one.
As I said, it will open TPS, SRG, maybe Polsat,Spice and the MTV Package (all on 13e Hotbird) on 30w Hispasat D+,TV Cabo,and other assorted small stuff.
Good luck.Chris

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
My Location
south scotland
Thanks guys, sorry, been away with work till tonight. Will get myself a cable and give it a go. Sure this won't work but as a trial, I have a spare Pace digibox (older one) are there any patches available for these to try before I do it on the silvercrest? Not for sky obviously but to try it on hotbird. Just a thought, I think I know the answer. Also, these ART cards, seem to vary so much in the mags from ~£50 for 6 months to £100+ for 6 months. Are most of the suppliers in the major mags ok or can you recommend one of the cheaper ART card suppliers. Sounds like I'll need to get a technomate or similar with built in viaccess cam?

Thanks.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
markyd23 said:
or can you recommend one of the cheaper ART card suppliers.

The banner at the top has Art card sales - why not check them out.

You may have to refresh a few times to see it...

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
@markyd23, can I ask, why you would like ART? If you are of arab origin and like to watch your channels, then of course I can understand that. But if its for the footy you are much better off to use TPS Foot/Star (with patch for free) or SportTV on 30West Hispasat where you also got D+ at the moment.
If you like to go the sub way, there is also the Alb Paket on 16east.

Also, you guessed right, your Pace is a relative good doorstop, not much more. A reciever that can be patched costs from as little as 50 pounds (Galaxis FTA) ,second hand Humax5400 or d-BoxII for 100pounds all the way to the dreambox for a LOT of money, they all recieve the same programms (with slight variations for the mature content channels)

Greetings
Chris

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
My Location
south scotland
chrislloret said:
:-smallmammarkyd23, can I ask, why you would like ART? If you are of arab origin and like to watch your channels, then of course I can understand that. But if its for the footy you are much better off to use TPS Foot/Star (with patch for free) or SportTV on 30West Hispasat where you also got D+ at the moment.
If you like to go the sub way, there is also the Alb Paket on 16east.

Also, you guessed right, your Pace is a relative good doorstop, not much more. A reciever that can be patched costs from as little as 50 pounds (Galaxis FTA) ,second hand Humax5400 or d-BoxII for 100pounds all the way to the dreambox for a LOT of money, they all recieve the same programms (with slight variations for the mature content channels)

Greetings
Chris

Thanks Chris, like to avoid the sub way if possible, and yes it is for the footy. not sure if the forest will allow 30w - not of Arab origin but have been pleasantly described as a dark skinned eastern european half breed - by a turkey farmer no less, thanks very much then! Am about to look for any possible patches / firmware for the silvercrest / comag sl65 as I got a lead today. If anyone knows of any other links I'd be grateful. Will look at the links posted a few days ago.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I tried for ever and a day to align my motorised dish with a sat meter with a needle on and found it a waste of time...
The last dish I did was a mere 57cm and used a cheap sound meter only it was only a couple of quid from Lidl and it was fantastic.
I just got an idea of the general direction from the compass and then used the meter and it was easy, hope this helps ?