help. i cant program my funcard

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
hi,

i have just tried to program my funcard using elvis and multiprog..
not sure what version the fun card is but its called open platform and has got "AT90(P1)" on the back

a tutorial i read says to load the ext eeprom.. i have no clue about this, anyway I keep getting a message that 'card is protected ....' how do i solve this situation.

a few 6in1 or 5in1 files i have seen contains so many flash & eeprom hexfiles that i dont know which is which.

the steps I followed usind Davem files are:-
clicked on the fun tab a created a project,
selected 24C64, and loaded flash V4.30.
I then loaded Ext eeprom.
I then clicked program button

I ended up getting the message "Chip protected, erase chip and try again"

I tried to press the Erase button but still kept getting the same message.

help is highly appreciated.

my system is echostarDSB2200vi + MM + ELVIS
my ELVIS is connected to a battery not a power supply
CHEERS

css_jat99

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi m8
First make sure the battery is ok as you can get lots of errors with a dodgy battery.Best to use a power supply if possible.Also give the card chip a wipe as they can sometimes get dirt/grease on them.

Open up multiprog and click the 'Fun/ATMega' tab.Make sure that 'Flash memory' and 'External EEprom' have ticks in the boxes.
Untick 'Internal EEprom' as you very rarely use this.

Next click on the 'Load' flash memory tab and find DaveM folder.Double click on 'Flash_6in1_V4.30.hex' and the tab at the bottom should be green with the above text in it.

Next click on 'Load' External EEprom tab and point back to the folder.Double click on 'eeprom_H_280203.hex'.

You may need to load the 'eeprom_EC.hex' as this is for EChostar.....but the other one above is for magic module.Just see which one works best for you.

When you have loaded the 2 files click 'program'

If sucessful the tab at the bottom will eventually say that the card has been programmed.

Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
May also be worth pressing the identify button to make sure that you have the correct one set up and then erase, the card should then program.

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
Hi,
I tried lee32uk's steps which are same as my post but still no joy. I am sure the battery I used is ok bcos i used it to program a gold wafer.

I also tried to use the MP8.0.2 software from Adteknik but still the same problem. this time it says somthing like AVR protected... but it attempts to erase it but fails.

I have got another funcard(4) which at the moment i decided not to reprogram untill i know whats going on or I buy some more spare ones.

I will try to prog again this evening but with a power supply and see what happens.

cheers

css_jay99

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know what software you are using, but the most popular one around is TJs Multiprog, the latest version is 9.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Seems strange that you're getting this error, have you tried the identify option? I have only had one card to date that was defective, but its not out of the question.

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
i will try that option this evening at home. shame i cant plug my ELVIS at work

by the way, is there any real difference in using the open platforms fun2 /3 /4 /5 cards to create a 6in1. I know 3/4/5 allow you to load int eeprom but is there a need for it. reason i ask is that i dont want to go out and by a fun2 card if there are other reasons why i would need 3/4/5

css_jay99

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
The only difference is the size of the memory (eeprom)

Funcard4 has 256eeprom whereas Funcard2 has 64
I got my funcards from link below...only £7 for a Funcard4

Funcard4 is all you need at the moment as a 6in1 file doesnt use all the memory anyway.

http://www.goldwafers.com/

Lee

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It looks like your card is 'locked'. I locked one of mine and now cannot 'erase' the chip. Will look into it. [the problem not the chip] :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I unlocked my card ok with the Ad-teknik software. Version 8.

I used version 8.0.2 (beta) from Ad-teknik. Load the card (obviously ..LOL) and in the software program click on 'ATMEL Smartcard'. Then click 'Settings - Auto Detect' and click 'Yes' to erase the card. That's it the card is ready for programming.