Help! I Think I Have Wiped My Card

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was programming my funcard with my infinity USB today. Foolishly after having drank a few beers. When I inserted the card into the pogrammer I got a message on screen to say it was a cpu used in multiple cards and gave me the choice of clicking on "detect" or "cancel". I stupidly clicked detect and then noticed the bit that said "if you choose "detect" the card will be erased. Now when I put it in my MM running in my Humax 5100 I get the message "an error occure with your card".

What can I do to remedy this problem?

Its a shame because I was looking forward to a good film tonight. I guess my few months away have left me a little rusty at this game!

Thanks in advance for any advice

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All you should need to do is program the card with both flash and Eeprom, then it should be back to normal Goffy. :)

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
All you should need to do is program the card with both flash and Eeprom, then it should be back to normal Goffy. :)

I tried that Rolf but still no joy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What file are you using Goffy and is the programmer verifying your card after programming?

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
What file are you using Goffy and is the programmer verifying your card after programming?

I have tried 6 in 1 files from both Davem and xamuh. I tried both versions of the flash in the davem file. And picked the eeprom with the "h" in the name for humax.

When you say verify do you mean the message that says "done"?

I know the CAM is ok because its working with an official card. And the proggramer is working OK with viacess files on a goldwafer card. Its just the funcard thats playing up.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried erasing the card a couple of times? Doesn't sound like the card is knackered.

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
Have you tried erasing the card a couple of times? Doesn't sound like the card is knackered.

Thanks Rolph that seems to have done the trick on most channels. Multivision and AbSat still seems a bit hit and miss though. Sometimes they clear but othertimes they dont.

Have the French C+ and Cinema Cinema channels now swithed to version two encryptions? Its been a couple of months since I watched them and I cannot get them to clear now so perhaps they switched while I was away.