HELP!! Im a Newbie!!

dirt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
philippines
Hello everyone out there! i come from the philippines. my dad left some equipment in the house, he is currently in Libya and he hired a techie to make it all work, the satellite system. But unfortunately, the updates caught up with the system and it doesnt work anymore, and it needs to be updated too. now we have nothing to watch on the box.

i just wanna know if i can fix this myself without hiring a techie, and if anyone out there can help me out?... thanks so very much!

the equipment we have here:
-StarSat-650CI receiver module that states L369 during start-up
-PC
-RS-232 cable
-satellite dish installed

i dont know how to make this work.. anymore equipment that i need, and where to get the manuals for this device..

thank you so much everyone.. hope you can help me..

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
The starsat 650 CI super is a good receiver. It looks like you've got all it requires to update it. However, 369 is the latest sw released for this box. Keep an eye on satdw.com, where a newer version may be released.
The procedure to update it is also described on the same site.

dirt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
philippines
thank you so very much for your reply Deepdiver..

i have checked the site out and it seems it contains a lot of useful downloads.. i had them downloaded in my pc and the sat is ready to be updated with any of those..

but i still have one problem.. i am not familiar with the technical terms you see in the installation options you see in the menu.. you see all i know is that i use AGILA2(KU) at 146.0 degrees. All the other info that i see, i really dont know what they mean. Like TP, DiseQc, etc..

Please tell me what information i need to key in in those fields..?

thank you so much Deep diver..

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
TP stands for transponder and represents the satellite communication channel. The DiseQc is a device mixing the signal from 2 or more cables into 1 cable only.
If your dish points only to AGILA2(KU) as you say, then you can skip the diseqc settings, as you only have 1 signal.
All you need to do, from the Installation menu is to scan for channels on your satellite.

dirt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
philippines
I see.. I dont need DiseQc. thanks.

I have just finished installing 368super into the starsat650CI.. i have indicated agila2(KU) in the fields where i was supposed to enter them. but there are still no channels received..

i wonder what is wrong with this..

do i need to input codes? in fact i did. but it still didnt receive properly..

can you please tell me more deepdiver? thanks very much.. i really want to make this work..

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Did you do a scan on the selected satellite ?

dirt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
philippines
i did.. but there still seems to be a problem as only the FTA channels were received. im still on it, and ive downloaded the latest version 370 ultra and 370 ultra_s. right now my box has 370 ultra_s.. but there are still no images.

**sighs**

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
First of all, if your receiver is super version, I would reccomend to stick to super software version. Ultra and/or Ultra_s are often reported to trigger troubles when installed on super version.
When you scan, make sure to scan for all channels and not only for FTA. Most probably, keys and sw loaded in the software, do not contain any update for AGILA2(KU). These patches are meant to work for the most common satellites in Europe, such as Hotbird, Astra, etc...

And, after all, you are supposed to watch FTA channels only. The scrambled ones require a valid subscription.

dirt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
philippines
ummm OK.. ill check on it further.. thanks very much deepdiver..