Help in finding BBC again

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD 3500 PC
My Location
Grenoble, France
I'm based in the south east of France and have a multihead satellite setup. As we seemed to be getting more and more channels picked up, this morning, I reset the Televes 7296 to try and get a clean setup.

However, now when I try and pickup the satellites, I'm getting nothing off the Astra 2a. It was there this morning, and my wife was happily watching all the BBC channels, but now, I can't get the receiver to download to channels. I can see Astra 19 and Hotbird 1 amongst others, but I cannot seem to get the channels that we had on Astra 2a.

Does anybody have any ideas. Are things moving off Astra 2a to Astra 2d and they have stopped people connecting to this satellite?

Cheers, Russell

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 fixed dish 90cm invacom0.3 dual 13°E -
1 fixed dish 130cm cambridge lnb 0.6 28°E -
1 panasonic 30 and 1 amstrad sky digiboxes - 1 echostar 808ci viaccess - dragon, joker, CAS 3 I/F
My Location
rome, italy
hi russel, I don't know if anything has happend to the BBC frequencies and I cannot check it out from rome on 2D, but I can tell you that the BBC channels and ITV were and are (very unfortunately) on 2D (uk spot also visible in south of france) and not on 2A (paneuropean spot) unless you meant the BBCi channels only. if anyway you can get ch. 4 you are on 2A. ch.5 is on 2B and you should be able to get it, too. in any case some rearrangement, not involving BBC, has occured in the past couple of days