Help installing a Motorised system

bertulfio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate TM-5500 CI super / manhattan starlight 7800
My Location
London
I recently move house, therefore my dish needs to be installed again, I do not want to pay someone £80 to £100 again for the installation.

I believe I have every required for the installation, except the cable, is there any special cable to use in motorised systems?

On my previous house I used technomate TM-5500 CI super receiver but a friend of mine give a Manhattan Starlight 7800, which one should a use? Which one is better? I know the starlight has a hard disk but I think the connection to the motor is different.

I also have two LNB, one single and one double (MB-21) I am assuming I will get better reception with the double, but I am no sure which one to use.

I am a totally beginner to this so any help would be deeply appreciate.

I want to know is there any way to see scramble channels without using a cam.

Thank you.:-worship

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Re-installing the dish shouldn't be too difficult if you haven't changed any of the elevation settings on the dish and motor, all you need to do is get the mast vertical.

Any satellite grade cable will suffice, but i would recommend something like WF100, i think B&Q and Screfix do passable cables.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
bertulfio said:
I recently move house, therefore my dish needs to be installed again, I do not want to pay someone £80 to £100 again for the installation.

I believe I have every required for the installation, except the cable, is there any special cable to use in motorised systems?

On my previous house I used technomate TM-5500 CI super receiver but a friend of mine give a Manhattan Starlight 7800, which one should a use? Which one is better? I know the starlight has a hard disk but I think the connection to the motor is different.

I also have two LNB, one single and one double (MB-21) I am assuming I will get better reception with the double, but I am no sure which one to use.

I am a totally beginner to this so any help would be deeply appreciate.

I want to know is there any way to see scramble channels without using a cam.

Thank you.:-worship

If you are installing a motorised dish, you will not need a monoblock, so you should use the single.

As for which will give better reception, it depends on their noise figures. But for simplicity you should start with single.

The motor cable will depend on what type of motor you have. There are two main types (simply put):-
DiSEqC motors.
Non DiSEqC motors.

For DiSEqC motors the control for it runs up the coax cable by modulation of a 22kHz tone.

For Non-DiSEqC motors a separate positioner is normally required as the motor requires its own cable.(Some higher end receivers have positioner built-in).

You are in the wrong section to ask about decoding methods.:)

cheers
Robbo

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
If I can install at motorised system, anyone can. Give yourself a nice day or two, or three :)..and be prepared to loose your temper now and again.

I use the DiSEqC option.

I read, read, and read the diecqc setup guides (lots on here) and any problems I had I asked in good places like here.

My main time consumer was getting my wall mount pole absolutly vertical ( using spirit level).

Next step was to lock onto bbc world at 1w using goto x function on the sat receiver. I had to move the dish and motor around the pole for maximum signal. When this was achievd, I now receive great results on the arc.

bertulfio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate TM-5500 CI super / manhattan starlight 7800
My Location
London
thank to all great advice