HELP ME !!! ... p l e a s e... Starcom 120D

Neki

Reaction score
I followed the proedure for software update from website www.satsw.com .... first I cleaned my reciever using emupgrade programme but when I try to install the new software (placed yesterday on the mentioned website) into my receiver I cannot proceed further as I receive the message MODEL ID IS NOT MATCHED. I tried again clening... downloading .... but always obtain the same message. My receiver is STARCOM 120 D (S/W:7.00, H/W: 12.64). Is there any help??
Thanks,

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Neki

Have you updated your receiver before and does it have the loader software on board?

olgasarse

Reaction score
I saw something along these lines in another forum.
It involved unplugging the receiver when it reaches a certain point in the firmware update.
You start with updating with the ORIGINAL firmware.
I think it said "when software says updating FL", it is at this point you unplug the receiver. Then try + update with the new firmware.
It seemed to me what was happening is that you're trying to corrupt the current firmware to a point where it doesn't have the current model ID anymore. Then, when you try + update, it hasn't got the model ID so loads whatever it's given.
I haven't tried this, so don't blame me if it doesn't work.
If it aint broke, don't fix it !
Let me know how you get on.

Neki

Reaction score
jimbo said:
Hi Neki

Have you updated your receiver before and does it have the loader software on board?

I have NOT updated my receiver before so I am not aware whether it has the loader software on board. I am using emupgrade program to download the new software into the receiver.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I don't know too much about that receiver I'm sorry. I just presumed the loader would be necessary to pull in the software, like the bootloader on some echostars. You need someone who's actually been successful.