help me please

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000d (patched) 90cm technomate dish pointing at hotbird 13e
My Location
birmingham UK
hi im new to all this I alredi have a 70 cm dish is that enough to get ART? and will i be able to pick up other channels 4 free? im getting a TM 1500 CI+, null modem + of course 6 months ART card for the football games for 185 pound. From what I know my aerial is alredi set up and i just need to connect it to my reciever with the f-connector, then search for the sattelite. Is this right plz give me a detailed description of what to do if you have time.

Merry Christmas

Adam, UK:-HoHo

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum bluesarecrap

bluesarecrap said:
hi im new to all this I alredi have a 70 cm dish is that enough to get ART?
Would not have thought so, I would have said at least a 90cm but I am no expert
bluesarecrap said:
will i be able to pick up other channels 4 free?
Yes assuming we are talking about receiving ART from Hotbird satellite at 13 deg East also assuming that is where your dish is pointing which it probably isn't. Here is a full list of the Hotbird channels
bluesarecrap said:
im getting a TM 1500 CI+, null modem + of course 6 months ART card for the football games for 185 pound
Will you be flashing the receiver or not??
bluesarecrap said:
From what I know my aerial is alredi set up and i just need to connect it to my reciever with the f-connector, then search for the sattelite
Things are sometimes never as simple as they appear. This is after all a self help forum all the information is here you just have to search for it and then read it. Whilst people are willing to help you out, you have to do some research yourself
Good luck