Help me please.

grebber

Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for reading my thread.
I am a complete beginner to all of this (so anyone answering please dont use tech. terms as I will have no idea what you are on about).

I have got (as a present) an 80cm dish, with a very basic looking receiver that says DiSEqc 1.0 on it (which can be switched on and off with the remote), and according to the book the LNB is 1x F-Jack from 800-2150MHz.

There was also a list of the channels that I should be able to pick up like Astra 19.2E etc.
The Dish will be on a fixed mount, which I will have to change manually (obviously) if I want to change sat.

What can I expect to get with this system?, is the astra sat going to be the best to tune into?. The bracket on the back of the dish has angles for adjusting the vertical what should this be set to? (does not say in the instructions). What upgrades would you suggest at a reasonable cost? IE a better receiver unit, what about cams? (what do they do?) are they worth the money. Any HELP at all would be GREAT, thanks in advance to all for your help.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
If it is only a DiSEqc 1.0 receiver it might be analouge box but it will pick up about 40 to 50 channels from 19E and 13E. You can get a monoblock LNB to pick up these to sats and DiSEqc 1.0 will switch between these two sats. An 80cm dish will do the job.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Grebber, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you may have an analogue receiver, so Astra 19.2 or 13E will be ideal for you. It may be digital, but would need to know a little more about it, such as name and designation and what is in the spec.

PS Sorry Razor, was doing other things whilst typing this, so have inadvertently duplicated your post. :)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
No problem Rolf....Well just one...Your spelling is better than mine.