help me to Purchase Digital Reciever

shankar_lingam

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am living in Andhra pradesh,India.
I want to See almost all possible free to air channels. Which reciever is better.
Please give me details of equipment i require. Here there is Dish TV Connection. But it is restricted the free to air channels. How to get possible free to air channels.

G. shankar lingam

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Can you give the names of the receivers that are available to you locally; people here can then advise on their experiences?

Also, are you planning to have a motorised setup, so you can see different satellites?

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
shankar_lingam said:
Hello everybody,
I am living in Andhra pradesh,India.
I want to See almost all possible free to air channels. Which reciever is better.
Please give me details of equipment i require. Here there is Dish TV Connection. But it is restricted the free to air channels. How to get possible free to air channels.

G. shankar lingam
Firstly..... As Guiri suggests, you need a motorised system if you want to receive "All possible free to air channels" after that you need to advise us what size of dishes and receivers are available to you where you live......
then we can advise you further
John

webent

Reaction score
If your major problem is Receiver? Then I will sujjest emetabox is best for you although with 12ft Soild Parabolic Dish and beter if dual acturator capability is availible. If your dish is too far from Receiver the n use RG-11 Coaxcel Cable.

shankar_lingam

Reaction score
webent said:
If your major problem is Receiver? Then I will sujjest emetabox is best for you although with 12ft Soild Parabolic Dish and beter if dual acturator capability is availible. If your dish is too far from Receiver the n use RG-11 Coaxcel Cable.
Is it working well in India with small dish(like Dish for DishTVIndia). I require reciever with conax.

shankar_lingam

Reaction score
guiri said:
Can you give the names of the receivers that are available to you locally; people here can then advise on their experiences?

Also, are you planning to have a motorised setup, so you can see different satellites?
I don't know the recievers using in India. But DishTV India providing reciever is Zenega (conax) VC card support. we have another DTH service which is DD Direct+. I would like to purchase Digital Reciever geting more free-to-air signals
with ku-band. I want to use small Dish,LNB.

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
If you want a receiver with conax, some of the samsung models have an embedded conax cam. Alternatively, any receiver with a CI slot and then a cam supporting conax would also do it.

Maybe somebody in India can be more helpful for you - I guess the majority on this forum are based in Europe?

T24

Info Exec
Reaction score
Samsung DSR 9500 AY,2 embedded cams Conax+Viaccess,+2 cam slots. :)

Piyush Mishra

Reaction score
My Location
Winersat products
shankar_lingam said:
I don't know the recievers using in India. But DishTV India providing reciever is Zenega (conax) VC card support. we have another DTH service which is DD Direct+. I would like to purchase Digital Reciever geting more free-to-air signals
with ku-band. I want to use small Dish,LNB.

Go ahead with TriScope USA make recievers u may buy this at sales*surbhiindia.com i m using them 4 quite some time and all flavours are good.

piyush

Piyush Mishra

Reaction score
My Location
Winersat products
Well it surprises me FTA recievers in India are now available as 41$ and the height is there are lot to choose from. U may even get it from the local shopkeeper who keeps electronic instruments.

Such as TriScope TS-9999 , TS-8888, and TS- 7777

easy buy is avaible at sales*surbhiindia.com, but mind it they can only receive free to air channel.

Piyush