Help me to upgrade matrix reloaded Cam with Fun Card

Wattoo

Reaction score
HI!
How R U. I hope you will be fine .First of all I tell you the following apparatus I have. A Matrix Reloaded Cam Hardware=1.5
S/W=MR 1.055
Loader=1.0
My receiver is Opentel ODS 2000 CIP
Main software 6.57(boat loader 8.10)
checksum = 09729EA8
RSS 232 cable (serial cable)
A Fun card programming software (Fun Magic)
A Fun card Programmer to programme fun card
Two fun card 6 (ATMEL AT 90S8515 8Kb Flash)
I want to upgrade matrix reloaded cam to version 1.081 or 1.100 latest version with the help of fun cards
I programme the fun cards with the following software
uload-software-flash.hex+mr1.081-1024-1=1*fun 6 card
uload-software-flash.hex+mr1.081-1024-2=1*fun 6 card
I on my TV. set and STB receiver.I selected CI Menu on my STB.when I open CI menu it shows following options
card information
set up
information
when I open setup it shows
Edit cas key
Change nagravission box key
Blocker
Upgrade firmware
set default key
But when I press OK at upgrade firmware. the following message comes
Erasing old data please wait insert card one or serial dummy card. I inserted the card which I programmed. it showed card inserted,opening and "performing Serial download". according to matrix web site read me text for upgrading with fun card ,it should be "Performing smart card download"
But after a few minutes I got a message
"Cable removed or baudrate is too high for this STB. Please try again".I tried repeatedly but each time I got the above message
I tried withe following receivers
Neosat 9800 CI
SUPERMAX 6000CI
Please tell me where am I wrong.Please help me I am really fed up of trying repeatedly .It will be great help .
.I am really in mess.I can not go ahead after this error. Please do reply soon .
I shall be thankful to you .
with regard

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
First question is are you doing this on an unencrypted channel?

gauros

Reaction score
you can try these three things.

1)when you got to upgrade the cam is your receiver set in a FTA channels
2)Try deleting all the data from the fun6 and writte them again.
3) did you get your MR firmware from a good website?

milkey

Reaction score
your Two fun card 6 (ATMEL AT 90S8515 8Kb Flash) are to small to hold the
mr1.081-1024 files you need the files 512 should be four of them
1. install on fun card 1 upload flash+mr.512 file1
2. install on fun card 2 upload flash+mr.512 file2
3 delet 2 fun card then do same with file 512 3+4

Wattoo

Reaction score
rolfw said:
First question is are you doing this on an unencrypted channel?
I have tried this on both encrypted and FTA a channel
my fun card chip type is ATMEL AT 90s8515 8KB Flash
Is it FUn card 6 or 5,4,3,2 ?
Is it creating aproblem to upgrade my matrix cam ?
Can you tell me the address of web site from where I can download the Mr.512,files for upgrading the matrix reloaded cam version 1.081 or 1.100

Wattoo

Reaction score
milkey said:
your Two fun card 6 (ATMEL AT 90S8515 8Kb Flash) are to small to hold the
mr1.081-1024 files you need the files 512 should be four of them
1. install on fun card 1 upload flash+mr.512 file1
2. install on fun card 2 upload flash+mr.512 file2
3 delet 2 fun card then do same with file 512 3+4
HI Sir,
For Matrix Reloaded Cam versions 1.081 and 1.100 from where I can get mr.512 files . please send me via attachment or tell me the website address from where I can get . I saw these files for version 1.055 but not for above mentioned versions. Thanks
Do reply please
with regards

Wattoo

Reaction score
gauros said:
you can try these three things.

1)when you got to upgrade the cam is your receiver set in a FTA channels
2)Try deleting all the data from the fun6 and writte them again.
3) did you get your MR firmware from a good website?
Yes I set my receiver on FTA channel
I erased the data and programme fun card again
I downloaded MR firmware from matrix web site and vision files website
but experiencing the same error.please guide me
my fun card chip type is ATMEL AT 90S8515 8Kb Flash
Is it Fun card 6,5,4
Is it craeating problem?

milkey

Reaction score
the 512 is the file size use the mr splitter with a . bin file to make the file size you need
I also had the same proplem with a bad file i downloaded tried another source worked fine
take alook at this site http://www.la-cafetera.com/matrix-cam.htm
ive not used any thing from there yet but may help

Wattoo

Reaction score
What is fun card spliter . for what purpose it is used. How Can I use it.
what are upd.Bin ,Hex files. I am cofused to upgrade matrix Cam software these three kind of files are used.To open pdf file which programme iI should use.for example master code arenot opened when I try to open them. which pogramme can run this software.
Sir your above answer to my question is ambigous please tell me in detail.

gauros

Reaction score
Wattoo said:
What is fun card spliter . for what purpose it is used. How Can I use it.
what are upd.Bin ,Hex files. I am cofused to upgrade matrix Cam software these three kind of files are used.To open pdf file which programme iI should use.for example master code arenot opened when I try to open them. which pogramme can run this software.
Sir your above answer to my question is ambigous please tell me in detail.
listen mate, funspliter is when you have a .bin file and you want to make it a Fun files. Bin file is for cass2.

Wattoo

Reaction score
milkey said:
the 512 is the file size use the mr splitter with a . bin file to make the file size you need
I also had the same proplem with a bad file i downloaded tried another source worked fine
take alook at this site http://www.la-cafetera.com/matrix-cam.htm
ive not used any thing from there yet but may help
HI!
I programe my fun card with
MR-loader.hex I put thesefiles in this in Flash box
Mr - 1.060-512-1 In eeprom Box
and programme the fun card the message was fuin card programmed successfully. then I programme other two cardsbut when I put the first card in CAM .iIt gives message "performing Serial download " Iam not using any Kind of serial Cable,It should be "performing smart card download" again error message
"Cable removed or baundrate is too high for this STB"
I programme fun Card
Uload-software-flash in flash Box
and mr-512-1 file in eeprom box
but get the above message or error
what Ishould do now? please help
while upgrading with funcard I should diconnect my dish cable from STB?

H.GEE

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I used fun5 file for changing mr 1080 to1081 also have changed to 1.10...fortunately I had 3 fun6 cards and put the fun5 files in 3 parts into them plus loader.......your programmer must be set for fun5 [512] card.

...the file for upgrading to mr1.10 was file_1[1].fun5 /.270704. .mark cards 1 2 and 3 otherwise you can easily mess up while doing it. When the file is unzipped it will have 3 hex files labelled mr110_512...1 2 and 3 plus a loader. Erase card [1]....load hex1 and loader.. then card[2] then card [3].

gauros

Reaction score
H.GEE said:
I used fun5 file for changing mr 1080 to1081 also have changed to 1.10...fortunately I had 3 fun6 cards and put the fun5 files in 3 parts into them plus loader.......your programmer must be set for fun5 [512] card.

...the file for upgrading to mr1.10 was file_1[1].fun5 /.270704. .mark cards 1 2 and 3 otherwise you can easily mess up while doing it. When the file is unzipped it will have 3 hex files labelled mr110_512...1 2 and 3 plus a loader. Erase card [1]....load hex1 and loader.. then card[2] then card [3].
i did the same in one of the receivers and in the other i used 2 fun6 files and it worked fine.

Wattoo

Reaction score
H.GEE said:

First of all tell me my card chip type is ATMEL AT 90S8515 8 Kb Flash
IS it Fun Card 6 or 5 or 4.What Type of the Card is?
inwhich box I shold open loader file. In flash box or open in eeprom box there are two types of loader file
one is Mr-loader.hex which is 22 kb size
one is ULoad-software-flash-hex which is 6 Kb in size
they must be open separately and then programme the fun cardor in asingle box

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look here Wattoo www.duwgati.com and navigate to Popular smartcards, there is full information and pictures of the different types. Your card should have a t least 512kbit of Eeprom, if yours has 8kbit, then it is too small for the job and would account for your lack of success in programming the CAM.

turny

Reaction score
Website
msn.co.uk
My Location
tyne and wear
wattoo,
funcards use the atmel chip as you described the 8k flash is in the chip the other half of the card is the eprom the size of this denotes wether its a fun card 2/5/6
funcard 2 has a 64k size eprom the card could be purple in colour
5 has a 512k eprom
6 has a 1024 eprom
if you only got one card and its a funcard2 you will be on ages maybe 12 times

Wattoo

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Have a look here Wattoo www.duwgati.com and navigate to Popular smartcards, there is full information and pictures of the different types. Your card should have a t least 512kbit of Eeprom, if yours has 8kbit, then it is too small for the job and would account for your lack of success in programming the CAM.
Hi!
I have no credit card . How can I buy fun card 6 . How much it will cost me in Pakistani Currency which is Rupee. On web site duwgati it is 7.5 euro or pound I could not understand. Is it euro or poud sterling.? thanks for your explanation.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Duwgati price guide will be in Euro.

There must be somewhere in your part of the world where you can get a couple of cards, try a google search.

Wattoo

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Hi!
I have bought a fun card six .now the problems I am facing are.
My fun card programming software are
1=Fun magic 1.40 parisino
2=Fun Prom fun card eprom editor 2.51 beta release
Both of them has configuration up to fun card 4 (24LC 256 32 K:cool:
My fun 6 card memory is 1024 Kb which they do not support
Can you tell me the web site address from where I can download the required programming software
for fun card 6 (1024Kb) ?
I downloaded MR 1.082 version from JKF matrix firmware files and split them with fun card splitter
according to fun card 4 files and loaded loader file in flash box and
Hex 1 file in external eprom box put fun card 6 the upside down in programmerand erased the chip. for eprom ext. it gave the message
unknown eprom. I programme the fun card.Finally it gave the message the funcard programme successfully. I on MY STB.a free to air channel selected,
set default key then then pressed upgrade firmware key.A message appeared
Erasing old data,insert card 1,I inserted the card,card inserted opening,"performing serial download" WHY it is not "performing smart card download"?
after amoment it gave a message "Cable removed or Baudrate is to high for this STBplease try again"
I programmed repeatedlythe fun card but got the same message WHy it does not perform smart card downloadinstead of serial down load.I contacted many forums first when i have a fun card 2.
They said you should buy Fun card 6 so I bought fun card 6 but facing the same problem.
Please help me

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Duwgati link i provided above has most of the programming software versions. But you can also use your fun 6 as a fun 5 and tell the programmer that it is a 512kb card.

PS. to avoid multiple posting, when you can't see the last post you made press control and refresh and it should load the newest version of the page.