carpool

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Star Sat
My Location
Middle east
Okay, i'm new and i'm learning so help

Please:

I have a digital receiver. I don't have any cards in it or anything. But when i push the up channel button and 0 i get the key page where old keys are placed and i have to renew them with the remote. TPS mostly

-All i need to know just now: what does this mean about my receiver? Do i have a card built in? Do you not need a card to open Viaccess and Cryptoworks?

-Answers to these questions can help me undersdtand where i should start looking in these forums. Thanks!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum carpool

From what you say I can only assume that your receiver has been flashed with an emulator which allows you to add keys when they require updating.
If you are managing to update keys via the remote what more do you require?

carpool

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Star Sat
My Location
Middle east
Simple,

I want more! AHHHH

Actually, most the keys out there are now in nagra2 or longer keys. And i don't know how to work that out w/th remote. And most keys out there in these softcam files r huge and way more complexed than those on rdi.com and sat-keys. Plus, what's a master key? and i want to do it the cool way. like hook up my receiver to pc and download every 2 days or something OR the master key thing i read around here

and Topper? how do u do it? I'haven't read one post about u and a hex!
Do tell...

at least, which channels r u getting to see for *free*. Mind u that ppl in cruel countries don't have access to foreign legal subscriptions. So is it our fault that Hotbird13E can be received easily in these countries? Of course Astra s*rew*d me on that point since their coverage is obviously way out over parts of Italy. Damn French!-Hotbird is french right? i'm cursing the fact they dub everything! Of course don't get me started with the Swiss but then again i have caught 1 or 2 shows in english... so they're nice

Oh! is there a way to get MSnbc in Europe? CNN sux! oui! I mean u can't not decode them! oops u think they're reading this and now we'll lose cnn!!

PitY

Right..

hope i did not offend anyone

now, someone write back!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
carpool said:
and Topper? how do u do it? I'haven't read one post about u and a hex!
Do tell...
Well you obviously did not read This but you are in a way correct because I don't anymore. I only have equipment for free to air channels and I have no inclination to buy any more equpment, I do not have time to watch TV as work, family life and the forum keep me busy.

Or are you asking me about something else? HumpingO-no