Help. Motorised and fixed dish on one receiver?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Wiring Diagram:-

Attachments

• dish2.JPG
    dish2.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 167

saki

Reaction score
I got channel master 1.2m motorised with echostar 3600, which is getting replaced soon with a dreambox and a vbox.
Reading this got me thinking :-ohcrap
I have an additional dish with 2 lnb's unconnected( was there from previos owners ).
Can I use this somehow or?
The dish is there with astra and hotbird set and working.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, that should work OK, if not you haven't lost much.

Wire from the receiver to the V-box, then out of the V-box to a Diseqc switch, and then to the LNBs.

When selecting 13E and 19E the dish may still move, but you will get an immediate signal, rather than waiting for the dish to get there.

In the Dreambox, I imagine you could stop the motor moving when you selected 13E or 19E, but on the TMs, it is more dificult.

private4587

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish with twin LNB, fixed dish with quad LNB
Dreambox 800HD and TM9100 receivers
Pentium 4
My Location
North East UK
Hi very good stuff and very useful, My problem is similar but what I want to do is to use a motorised and static dishes to two receivers, would puttin a two to one connection for motor connection cause loss of signal.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Using a splitter to run two receivers is not advisable, though I have seen it done. Not sure what procedure the owner was following to assure himself that no damage occurred to the other receiver.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Robbo said:
Using a splitter to run two receivers is not advisable, though I have seen it done. Not sure what procedure the owner was following to assure himself that no damage occurred to the other receiver.

I just cannot find that thread Robbo but IIRC the o/p put one into standby before powering up the other up. As you quite rightly state it is risky since you cannot be in full control of the situation if both are in separate rooms as even hiding the remote to stop someone bringing the other out of standby will not be effective as this can often be acheived without the remote

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The guy I actually saw with that setup was using a Skystar sat receiver and a 500S clone, fortunately they were right next to eachother on a table. I made him pull the plug on the 500S whilst I was working on his motorised dish to be sure nothing untoward occured.

private4587

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish with twin LNB, fixed dish with quad LNB
Dreambox 800HD and TM9100 receivers
Pentium 4
My Location
North East UK
Hi Robbo hope you can offer assistance, I have a DM800 and wish to have it connected to the above would you know of the setup i must make within the menu. I have all the switches just need the menu setup.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Well, it was a while back when I had this setup, and it was fairly straight forward to do on the TM1000 I had then. On the DM800 I imagine it could be done, but I have not quite fully got to grips with my Linux TM600 that I have at the moment. There are options in one of the satellite installations menus, including- fixed dish, many satellites via a rotor and 4 satellltes via a switch etc. There is also another option, custom setup, or something like that, I think you'd have to use that option, setting the appropriate satellites to whether the motor should be used or the switch. I no longer have the above setup to test out what works.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
OK, an update on this issue.

I have recently bought a handful of KONIG DiSEqC Switches 2.0 part no. SAT-SWITCH11W from ebay. They are two way.

I have two cables coming in, one from my Motorised dish(TM2200) and one from the Freesat/Sky/28E minidish. I have connected the diseqc switch with 28E fixed going to input 2 and the motorised going to input 1.

Now.

With my TM600 Linux machine everthing works faultlessly; instant switching to 28E, and when I selec another sat, the motor goes round and works OK too.

But.

With my TM5400CI+ USB super, it does not work properly.

With all sats set to Diseqc 1.0 port 1 the motor moves fine, and I get all sats. But when I set 28E to use port 2, the motor no longer works, but I do get 28E from the fixed dish. So it kind of half works, but you have to mess with the diseqc 1.0 settings for 28E only when you wnat to switch between motorised and fixed.

So.

I think I'll stick with the Linux box for the moment.:)

On the Linux machine, setting up for motorised and fixed was pretty easy, I simply went into the satellite setup menu and changed the diseqc switch setting to use the 2nd port for 28E.

If I remember correctly, the 'many satellites via a motor' option then changed automaticallly to custom setup.